-Register your character account as First Name Last Name. No account should be all caps.-
-If you do not like this color scheme, we are going to be adding variants soon for you to choose from!-

Come One, Come All

Welcome to All Our Masks! We are an Alternate Universe DC-comics RPG, loosely based off the Young Justice comic and show. We accept canons and original characters and have a 223 Rating. No character or player will be left out, everyone will be RPed with. We try to offer and maintain flexibility for characters and storylines wherever possible in our canon characters and themes. So before you rule out a character, plot, twist, or anything else, please talk to an admin first! We would be happy to assist and work with you wherever we can.

If you have any questions, our C-box is open for guests. Or you are more than welcome to pop onto our guest-friendly Questions and Answers board. For easy navigation, see our Table of Contents thread (link located in the sidebar to your left) for a full list of our informational entries.

Current Months

March 2017
S M T W T F S
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -
April 2017
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 - - - - - -

RP Lovers

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Space Friends (Blue Beetle)
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 04:50 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

I tried to find my reflection on the glass, but all I ever saw were the things I lacked

March 9th, 2017

The night before, El Paso was cast into darkness as it spread across the city, lights going out as if a wave were washing over the urban scene. In the panic that followed, there was a scramble to rectify the situation. A few hours the electricity was back and the lights were turning back on yet there still was no answer to the city wide blackout. Investigations turned up nothing. No foul play, no malfunctions. The plants supplying power for most of the city are functioning as normal and there had been no interruptions. The search continues until…

Lynette had gotten a strange reading from her ring while she was flying over El Paso this morning and it had prompted her to stop by. But this is not a social visit. She is here to figure out what the strange blip on her ‘radar’ meant.

And no sooner has she landed the ground gives a rumble. In the distance there is a flash of light and then an explosion down the street at the couple story shopping center. The force sends glass and other debris into the streets, people crying out. The building groans and leans into the gaping hole that was left in the corner, inclining perilously in the direction of a collapse.

The lantern lifts into the air and speeds in that direction, banking around the side of the building. Granted she was coming in too hard and too fast so the collision was unavoidable. Like a bug on a windshield, she flies straight into the a guy in blue armor who looks like some sort of bug coming the other way. Thank goodness for the protection of her ring or that could have been worse, is her first thought.

Her second is less analytical and twice as...well...quick to jump to conclusions...ical. The yellow ring on her hand glows defensively as she holds it out, ready to go on the offensive. “What did you do?!” they both say simultaneously. Lynette glares, looking offended. “This was not me!” she declares, putting a hand to her chest. “I just got…” Her defense is caught off by something caught between a grown and a bellow, her eyes widening in surprise

tagged: Nyte (Jaime!) // words: // credit: below the sun
PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 10:48 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

It had been a very, very busy night. Along with panic, there had been other, more criminal reactions to the sudden, unexpected blackout. Looting had been... Rampant. At least, H had been until Jaime had gotten out of the house and Blue Beetle had begun to patrol the city.

His first action had been to report the odd occurrence to the rest of the Team and to the watchtower, and then he had gotten to work.

So yeah, long night of flying across the city and stopping people from being foolish or downright stupid.

Then morning had finally arrived, and Jaime had dared to hope (Stupid, Blue, that was stupid!) that things would begin to calm down. Then again, he'd hoped the same thing when the power had come back on, which had also been foolish. The explosion had Blue Beetle careening over the city, heading the opposite direction of the people running. Yeah, that never got any less wrong-feeling, did it?

Smacking into another flier was… Well, that was new. That did not usually happen. And an unknown flying person, at that? Suspicious, that’s what that was... Later, he’d blame his more-willing-than-usual-ness to listen to the scarab on the lack of sleep and overabundance
of stress, but at the moment, with Khaji Da screaming in his mind, Jaime frowned at the newcomer, “What did you do?!" And hearing the question echoed by her was just a little bit unsettling. “Don’t look at me, I was stopping-“ He paused half a moment, half unwilling to just believe her only because Khaji Da was screaming ‘liar!’ in his mind so loudly it was hard to hear himself think, when the…sound…sounded.

Flitting back and looking around them, Jaime looked at the girl, then shrugged, “Well, if you didn’t do this, and I didn’t, and something’s making that…noise…Maybe we’d best check it out.” Because that wasn’t a normal noise. That… That was definitely not earthly. Or even if it was, it wasn’t something good and safe for the people of El Paso. And hey, if the girl was a fellow hero, all the better to not have to do this all on his own or worse, wait for backup!
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 09:02 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

I tried to find my reflection on the glass, but all I ever saw were the things I lacked

Her ring glows like a star on her left hand, at the ready when the blue bug shouts at her; any other time she might have called ‘jinx’ but that is too friendly considering this guy is potentially responsible for all of this. And how dare he pin this on her! Why would she not be upset about that? I mean, what does she look like? A Yellow Lantern, actually. Oh...oh! Well ain’t that just discriminatory! Jerk! Well, he looks like a bug and bugs are creepy, crawly and ew!

They shout back at each other, both intent on explaining their innocence but both interrupted by the noise that draws their attention away from the other. That...did not sound good. It sounds huge, actually, like a huge problem that is! She glances at her ring and then towards the source of the sound - the gaping maw of a hole in the building - wondering if she can take something on that big on her own.

It is as if the bug reads her mind and she gives him an odd, analyzing, suspicious look over as she determines whether she thinks him capable of some sort of telepathy. “Yeah,” she says slowly, thoughtfully. Well that noise definitely is not her belly growling. “Okay,” she says with more confidence, lifting her chin. “You can tag along, then.”

She smirks at him before flying towards the building and through the new entrance to the building’s just unwrapped foyer - very modern, very contemporary, very ‘big monster just blew out the side of our business’. What she finds inside is what appears to be a tunnel of some sort and when she scans for energy signatures her ring goes positively nuts. “I think you have an infestation,” she points out bluntly before dropping down. Instinct tells her to proceed cautiously...but caution is not exactly in her blood.

PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 11:29 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

So as a rule? Yellow pajamas and glowy ring? Those aren’t typically heroes. Those? Those are usually the bad guys.

El Paso is Jaime’s home, and he’s been flying around constantly overnight, trying to put out fires and stop riots and detain the looters and… And it had been a really, really long night. Now, there’s this, and that...that wasn’t okay. Really, Jaime could do with a long hot shower and a nap. He had school, which honestly, he wondered is his mom would call him in sick.. Probably not though….

The yellowed ringed Lantern was shouting at him, and Khaji Da was screaming at him to blast her, and…. “I'm not gonna attack her without knowing she's the bad guy!” And damn it he'd said that out loud. Slapping his head into the palm of his hand, Jaime heaved a heavy sigh, “Look, it's been a really long night, the city is already a mess, so if your not here to help, go away. If you are, then great, let's check this out and see what we can see.” Not all cranky people were villains; Luc could be surly sometimes, and surly was probably one of the nicer ways to describe Batman.

At her permission to ‘tag along’ Jaime rolled his eyes and shrugged. Being behind a fellow hero was nothing new to Jaime, his two closest friends were speedsters, he was always the slowest in the room, but he wasn't actually slow. Nor was he stupid. Letting the yellow Lantern go first meant he could watch her.

“Wow.” Jaime shook his head at what he was seeing, “Whatever this is has been busy..”. His feet never touched the ground, staying aloft almost silently as he moved deeper into the tunnel. You know,” he tells her good naturedly, “If this is an insect thing I'm going to be so offended…”
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 11:47 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

Okay. That was weird. The guy is talking/yelling at himself now and if that does not seem like the telling-est tell of a crazy person then Lynette has missed something her entire life. She has no idea what is going on and absolutely no clue as to who this guy is, so can you blame her for the look of concerned confusion that she flashes him. Sure, plenty of people talk to themselves and are not insane, but most of those people are not dressed up in bug themed blue armor flitting about the city.

Her confusion vanishes, replaced by indignation as he addres her now. She glowers at him, in fact she practically simmers for real as she levels the meanest stare she can manage right on him. “Well I’m not a bad guy, for your information. I came here to investigate a reading.” She crosses her arms sternly and purses her lips. “So I’m not going away.” The expression turns to a smirk when she cheekily informs him that he can tag along.

Pfft...it is not like she is not used to being watched or not trusted. She is simply ignoring it for the sake of her self-imposed mission. If she is going to prove she can do this, the hero thing, with a yellow ring then she has to help people. And that is what she is trying to do as she stares down the burrowed tunnel of something very, very big.

“Busy…” she repeats. “Busy bee...or ants. Ants are busy. Does not have the same ring to it.” It is hard to tell whether she is talking to him or to the air with the thoughtful tone she is taking. She glances over her shoulder and tips her head a bit. “You can commune with it and maybe it will stop pestering your town.”

PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 12:04 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

Yeah, he hadn't meant to say that out loud, but really, Khaji Da need to chill the heck out. He wasn't being helpful. At all. The look the yellow lantern gave him was really nothing new, and seeing it on her face bothered him a whole lot less than seeing it on the face of a friend.

At least Bart and Luc didn't look at him like that. That would sting more than Jaime was sure he could handle. “Good. Because he likes to blast the bad guys and I'm not really in the mood for another argument with him. It's bad enough that he's decided that you're the culprit here without so much as a fact to prove it.” He was quiet and then he muttered, “Yes, I'm talking to her. It's called giving her a fair chance. Like people don't give us. Stop being an ass.” The words weren't silent, but Jaime was muttering, the statement obviously not addressed to the Lantern.

“Is the reading here? This...thing?” Two birds with one stone and all, that would be nice. “Yeah, but pretty sure bees are busy, too. Collecting all that nectar to make into honey…. can't be easy.”

Did she really just.. the look that Jaime gave her, even through the mask, was insulted and incredulous. “Hey, I don't talk to insects. Why would you..” he rolled his eyes, “Would you ask Batman if he could talk to bats?! I don't…. Listen, I'm Blue Beetle, but that doesn't mean I have insect powers!”
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 12:22 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

Now he is mention to this inaudible voice in conversation with her now and she is all the more bewildered. And concerned. Should she be worried about this, ya know, for her own well being? She tries to ignore the craziness and huffs. “Well that’s rude of him.” Lyn figures that she might as well play along. It is weird and unsettling but she learned that if you will gain more ground by picking your battles. And her battle is with whatever blipped on her radar and not, apparently, with the bug and his voices.

“Are you...going to be okay?” she asks, pointing at him with a circling finger so as not to indicate anything about him specifically. But the both of them know to what she is referring. But she is not being insincere despite her raised brow and the hand resting primly on her hip. She is not heartless. She is a good person. That is what she has been trying to say.

As they are descending down into the tunnel, darkness begins to crowd in around them as does a sudden nervousness. The dark...she does not like the dark. Lynette raises her hand and her ring casts out a bright yellow light in order to illuminate their surroundings. “Yeah, it’s here.”

Why do they have to be talking about bugs? She is not scared of them. They just really creep her out, alright? Bug-Dude is okay...but he is not exactly a real bug so it is different. “Watched a documentary on bees once…” she mentions. “I got bored though.”

It appears she has definitely stepped on a nerve and she wills herself not to shrink under his obvious irritation. “Excuse me, Blue Beetle,” she replies with expert level sass. “How am I supposed to know? I just met you, no need to get waspish.” That one was on purpose.but his snarked at her first.

PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 12:41 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

Over time, it just became normal for Jaime to talk to Khaji Da and deal with the fact that people looked at him like… Well, like the way the yellow Lantern was looking at him. This? This was his normal, as sad and odd as that was. “Yeah, you’re not kidding. Especially since you can’t hear him and defend yourself.” The words were for both the Lantern as well as the scarab, as an apology to one and a chastisement to the other.

At least Khaji Da seemed to be listening. And no longer screaming to blast her. Jaime would take the small win today.

Was he okay? Jaime blinked, and then beneath the mask, he blushed. Aw, man… “Yeah, I’m fine. It’s…” He huffed a sigh, “He’s an AI. The armor. Very much a he, and very...aggressive. And suspicious. I can hear him, you can’t. I’m in charge of the armor, he just...makes suggestions.” Yeah, that was gonna be about as close to ‘I have an alien scarab AI in my head screaming for me to kill you’ as Jaime was gonna get tonight. “Thanks, though.”

He moved down the tunnel quietly, and almost fearlessly. Jaime is bothered by neither the dark nor by bugs. His companion, however, appears to be a little bit… Skittish? So instead of calling her on it, he keeps up a steady stream of chatter between them. “Yeah. Bees are loud, and obnoxious, and you sort of have to feel for them, because if they sting you, they’re gonna die, which is sort of the suckiest self defense mechanism ever. Use it and die. Not all that defensive, right? Ants, though… They’re cool. Super strong, awesome builders, and deconstruction crews, too, and some of them can even fly, right? I had to do an essay on bees. The ants… I watched this movie about them, and it made me curious.” And had resulted in several trips to the museum and a whole lot of time spent on google.

“You’re excused,” Jaime sassed right back at her, he’d been awake a lot longer than he should have been, and he really wasn’t looking forward to reporting in after tonight, and then school… Guh. He was gonna crash SO HARD when he got home… “Oh, you’re cute. Remind me to never let you meet Risk. Between the two of you Khaji Da would beeee in absolute fits.” He grinned widely, letting the snark go; Luc was the king of that, and puns… Welll, Jaime loved puns. Loved them. Even if it made the scarab start sulking.
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 01:19 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

It is not as if this has been the first time she has been suspect before and it certainly would not be the last. The two of them have something in common and they do not even know it; both are victims of assumptions from people who have no clue about who they are. It really should have bothered her more that she was presuming him to be off his rocker rather than surmising he must be on a comm channel with someone not present. But...come on! “Would it make a difference?”

The explanation that she gets, however, makes everything much more clear. And suddenly the guilt does kick in. She brushes a hand back through her hair, pushing it back from where it had drifted into her face. “Neat.” Though she probably should have just scanned him to begin with and gotten some answers immediately. She had been a little distracted with the collision and subsequent argument. “He sounds like a handful.” He thanks her and she smiles slightly. “No problem.”

She wonders if he is into bugs because of the whole theme he has going on or if he is just the science-y type. She listens though, if only to be polite and because it was better on focusing on the way the dark gets inky on the last fringes of the glow from her ring. Think about bees...bees in a field of wildflowers and sweet, sweet honey. Ants all walking in a row, climbing the mound of their ant hill. “Bees and ants aren’t too bad.” As far as creepy crawlies go.

The returned sass fire is to be expected. She is not surprised. She touches her cheek, looking dramatic and batting her eyelashes when he calls her cute. It is meant to be a biting comment, she knows and so she is playing it up. “Aw...you’re going to make me blush.” And yet then Blue Beetle is grinning and everything seems to be light between them again. It is almost enough to give her whiplash. Maybe he just came across a happy thought. “Hah! Now who is the punny guy?”

Up ahead there is a shifting sound a gargling, growly groan. There is a rush of air as something moves and when Lynette raises her ring to flash the light forward so that they catch the end of a great bulk slipping down a side tunnel. From that new direction there is a snapping, crackling like electricity. “Oh...well that explains your black out. Someone was feeling snackish.”
PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 01:59 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

“For you? Probably not. He’s a jerk sometimes… He’s not very… Uh… Socially adept?” After all, the scarab suspected everyone. “I mean it would be great if people could hear him, and tell him to shut up. Maybe he’d start to realize just how not nice he’s being… And learn to be nicer… Who knows.”

Trying to explain Khaji Da that doesn’t involve explaining about the Reach or alien technology or AI’s and all of the messy details that go along with all of those things is… Not easy. But Jaime gives it a go, because the girl is looking at him like he’s a nutjob, and really, Jaime’s a bit tired of getting that look from people. ‘Neat’ is not really the reaction he was expecting, but Jaime was totally going to take it, because it was better than ‘yeah right’ or ‘get away from me, whackjob’. A handful. Heh. More like a mindful. Jaime chuckled, “He can be. But it’s not so bad, having company on solo missions. Besides, he’s one heck of a tactician, and his paranoia has proven beneficial a time or three.”

Or a lot more often than that, yes, Khaji Da, but he wasn’t going to say that out loud to a hero he had only just met.

Yeah, Jaime just likes random science facts, actually. It’s not as cool as ancient egypt or geological formations, but insects are still interesting. And yeah, maybe he had started paying more attention to bugs since becoming Blue Beetle. It was his theme, after all. “Nah, they’re not. They’re both super important for their ecosystems. Ants break down matter, which makes the ground more fertile for plant life, and bees spread pollen when they’re out collecting their nectar, which helps create new plantlife.” He was knowledgeable, he liked it that way; it made him feel and look smart.

Okay, so he was already grinning at the thought of Luc making insect puns with him, but then sassy-Lantern starts with the dramatics and Jaime couldn’t help but to laugh. He’s normally a pretty happy guy, and yeah, he’s been up for way too long now, dealing with the blackout and looting and everything, but he’s still Jaime. “Risk, for sure. I like puns, they’re fun, but I’ve got nothing on him.” He grinned to her again, offering her an easy shrug, “C’mon, Sassy-pants, let’s find our playmate and get this party started!” Yeah, the idea of being able to put an end to this night and sleep through school was way, way too inviting.

Right up till they find the...whatever it was. Monster? Yeah, we’re gonna go with monster. “Aw man. I hope it’s still full, because fighting that in the middle of electric power lines or whatever would suck.” He lifted his arm even as he motioned for her to try to flank the creature, his armor rearranging and shifting into the form of the staple canon. “You have the right to...Be ugly, I guess. And yeah, you do, but man, this? This is abuse. What did my eyes ever do to you, amigo?”
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 02:38 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

Some people never learn, or in this case AI’s? And sometimes there is no fighting one’s innate nature. Can an artificially intelligent being have a nature? From what she has witnessed from the one side of the bug boy’s conversations, also from what she has been told, it sure seems as though it does. The very core of the idea of artificial intelligence is to create inorganic life to function as a sentient being. Sentient beings have a nature.

AI probably deserves more than just a ‘neat’ from her, but she is not exactly the...how does one say this without sounding offensive? The geeky type? It is cool. Really cool. But she really does not know a lot on the topic and so does not have much else to say. And it seemed a lot more pleasant than ‘glad you aren’t crazy’.

The sentiment of never being alone for solo missions sounds nice to someone who is wholly tired of being alone, to be honest. She hides the loneliness under a grin, refusing to let it out to be seen by a complete stranger. The last thing Lynette wants is to look vulnerable in front of someone she only just met, to seem incompetent. “At least you have someone watching your back.” Though the bug called the AI his armor, so what happens when he takes the armor off?

“I do like plants. Better than bugs.” She shrugs his shoulders lightly. “But since they make the flowers grow, I guess I’ll put up with them.” She knows that a lot of the flora depend on the busy work of insects and she acknowledges that most have a purpose. But mosquitoes?

It has been awhile since Lyn got anybody to laugh. She had at least a little bit been trying to be a brat, but instead she must have amused her combat in words instead. That is okay...they should probably be saving the bravado for whatever made this nice big hole. And they should probably be getting along if they are supposed to be handling this task together. “Sassy-pants?” she asks incredulously. “We’re sticking with that? Alright Beetle-britches.”

The Yellow Lantern gives him a ‘really?’ look, to both the motioning and the commentary but she moves that way all the same. She sets to scanning the creature, wanting to see what the AI in her ring has to say about it. Meanwhile the beast makes a sound as if it were grumbling over the taunts that it is enduring. It swivels an eye to glare at the offender. “Energy feeder. He definitely does not belong here but how did it get to…” What is with this thing and its manners, always interrupting. It opens an ‘eye’ on its face and sends a crackling beam at Blue Beetle.
PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 12:14 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

If she had asked, Jaime and khaji Da would have agreed that yes, Al's definitely had a 'nature' that was simply apart of them. Or at least, the scarab Jaime carried did.

'Neat' was good enough. She didn't seem afraid, or put off, or suspicious, and that was about as good as Jaime really expected. He wasn't crazy. He wasn’t. Even if no one could really prove it. It was enough that she believed him.

Yeah. Khaji Da could be nice to have around... The scarab wasn't the most social individual, but he wasn't the worst company... When there were no threats, the Al was able to hold conversation about lots of things. And he was a great help with Jaime's math homework. "Yeah. And in our line of work, that's a big deal." H's why he was on the Team.

Of course she liked plants more than she liked bugs. Girls were going to. Most people were going to. He grinned, "Yeah, I never want to invite a colony of ants into your home, but outside, they definitely have their place. And no one. no one, liked mosquitoes.

Something that most of Jaime's friends knew was that he had a good sense of humor. even when it was at his own expense. And being friends with Luc had taught him how sometimes, sass was humorous. And the Lantern had sass in spades. As proven by her reply. "Yep. Totally gonna stick with that, especially since I don't have anything else to call you.” Because she hadn't given him a name, even a code name. So. Sassy pants. Beetle-britches? Jaime doubled over. "Oh please... Please don't tell anyone that..." He was laughing, hard. but Kehaji Da kept a look out.

The commentary served a dual purpose; it caught and kept the creature’s attention on him, letting the lantern do her stuff. “Definitely. So, how do we deal with this guy?" He twisted in the air to avoid the blast, "C'mon, amigo, I'm only telling the truth here. Why so sore?"
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Oct 21 2017, 09:33 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

Lynette has seen some crazy things as the daughter of superhero parents and as a lantern herself. A guy with an AI in his head, running around as a beetle themed superhero? Not the weirdest. But interesting and so ‘neat’ seemed appropriately laid back. No she is not scared of him; should she be?

“Hm,” she hums in acknowledgement, her feelings on the matter buried under her grin. Because she has not had anyone to really ‘watch her back’ since she did enter this ‘line of work’. It must be nice, even if the company and backup is, by title and definition, artificial. But they have a job to do, obviously, and she cannot afford to feel all mopey.

The topic of bugs, although blech, does do wonders for taking her mind off her problems. She wrinkles her nose at the idea of ants in her home and laughs at the mosquito comment, probably moreso for the reason that he practically read her mind rather than the truth of it. “Definitely not!”

Her Beetle friend seems to have recovered from the earlier offense, offering good natured sass and and laughter to the otherwise dark and creepy burrow. “Oh, I'll take it to the press. Sassy pants and Beetle-britches...the heroes of fair El Paso.” She definitely would not, even if it was only because she is trying to stay under the radar. It would cause all kinds of trouble for her. Most green lanterns would not appreciate a yellow lantern hanging around on their turf, in example. “Everyone will know!”

No…she had not given out a name. Or a code name, which would probably be just ‘Yellow Lantern’ which is not exactly fun or exciting. And she is not sure if she can trust him with her name and all. They will see. Funny, though, as she thinks about it...Risk? He cannot be talking about…

Alright, no more time for dawdling thoughts. They have a big bug to wrangle and a city to save. Her companion helps to keep the creature’s attention as she scans it, determining its identity and origins. She is puzzled by how it came to be here; it does not exactly have interstellar travel capabilities. Its home is the electric fields of a far off planet, light years from earth where it is just a pest and nuisance. A big nuisance.

“Uh...hah...well, not easily! Unless you want to kill it!” She...could do that...if she has to. She is not exactly keen on the idea but Lynette will do what she must, no matter how ugly it feels.

The ground above shakes as it shifts it bulk and makes a lunge for the beetle floating in front of him, snapping at him with pincers and grabbing with a claws leg. With a maneuverability something this large should not possess, it turns up the main tunnel. Lynette throws up a shield and tries to block it, but it lowers its head like a battering ram. “Crap…” she mutters, getting swatted away by its energy harvesting antenna. She lands with a thump on her face. “Now I know how that mosquito feels,” she groans.

Nyte
PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 12:03 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

It was always a relief to meet someone who took him as he was, without the shadow of the Reach hanging over his head, clouding how people saw him. This meant that if she didn't like him, it really would be him she didn't like instead of what the Reach had made him do. He could live with that.

Maybe the Lantern hadn't had anyone to watch her back in the past, but here and now, she did. She had Blue Beetle today!

Her laugh is met with a huge grin of his own, it's always good to make someone smile, especially a new friend; and laughter is so much better. “Yeah, I know, right?
Sassy Pants and Beetle-britches. Hah! "Villains will quake in their boots when they hear tell of the new heroes team guarding the city!” Neither of them were being serious, Jaime really didn't need more publicity, and she might not want to paired with him the minds of the public, even here in El Paso let alone anywhere else. His reputation was slowly, oh so slowly, recovering, but it wasn’t that much better. Yet. He was still work on it.

Nope, the only name he had to call her was sassy Pants, which at this point was probably going to wind up sticking around for awhile, since it really was all he had to call her, and she didn't seem actually offended by it. When he'd mentioned Risk, he'd meant Luc. And thank goodness he'd kept it together enough to use Luc’s code name!

Looking at the big, ugly creature (Okay, yes, a bug, and damn it, wasn't that just grating!) Jaime is really glad that the Lantern seems to know what it is, which puts them at a definite advantage. "Uh…" He winced at the suggestion of just killing the big bug; even if it doesn't belong here. Not easy, she said, but not impossible, either. Sometimes doing the right thing wasn't easy. "I'd rather not kill him if we don't have to." He looked at the bug, his earlier taunting gone now, "You probably would rather be home, huh? Would you may be let us take you there? It would be nice for everyone if we didn't all have to fight.”

The pensive moment ended before it could really begin when the creature lunged. “Aw, c' mon. I didn't know you'd actually get offended! I'm sue you’re considered handsome amongst your species!" He darted out of reach, but yelped at the sudden bull rush. “We just want to take you home!“ The scarab was screaming to destroy the bug in his head, and Jaime tried to ignore him as he looked to the Lantern. "Any idea how to stop him without really hurting him?"
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Oct 30 2017, 04:32 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

Lynette really has no room to judge someone for their choices or mistakes or what they have been involved in - for whatever reason. She wears a yellow ring from the Sinestro Corp and expects people to see her as more than just a powerful piece of jewelry. Lyn would like to do the same for others.

It feels good to joke and laugh with someone for once; it feels like forever since she could. She snorts as he speaks of villains quaking at the mention of their ‘names’, shaking her head. “Probably more like shaking with laughter with nicknames like those.” But no, no she definitely does not need any publicity. Lynette has been making great efforts to keep a low profile even when helping where she can. The last thing she needs to deal with is drawing a Green Lantern’s attention to her presence here on Earth.

And, honestly, her associate does not need anyone associating her - a Yellow Lantern - with him when he is worried about his healing reputation.

Seriously, though, that is a big dang bug. And Lynette is not exactly eager to kill the thing, either, but what if it is the only way? What if it comes down to the bug or to people of El Paso? Judging by Beetle Britches’ wince he is not big on the idea so while she is willing to look for an alternative Lynette has already begun to prepare herself with the possibility that the things just will not work out the way they want. Lots of things go south when you are trying to do the right thing. And if Britches over there cannot…

Oh, that is cute. Lynette cannot help but to smile as her partner in this talks to the big guy, trying to reason with him. It is sweet, but the thing is just too riled. Who can really blame it? It has found itself on a strange planet, has to eat strange energy, and is now cornered by two beings that threaten it further. When it charges her shield does nothing to slow it down and she ends up in the dirt. Fantastic.

Lyn stands and dusts herself off, her brow furrowed as she stares in the direction it had went. Unfortunately that was up, which makes her anxious. If it reaches the surface it could do some damage to not only the city and its inhabitants but to itself. “It feeds on and stores energy which it metabolizes to either uses as food or defense.” She hums thoughtfully and looks down at her ring. “My ring can absorb energy. If we can draw it out into the open, do you think you could make it mad..? Real...mad…” She looks at her companion, seriousness written plainly in her expression.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Static...
Crusader Citadel The Arrow ideal world Infinity Rising

Marquee...
After the Fall

Listed At...
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Candyland Couture Shadowplay GRAPHICS GAMES a resource community nerd listings Rockin Roleplay

skin by bonbon.