-Register your character account as First Name Last Name. No account should be all caps.-
-If you do not like this color scheme, we are going to be adding variants soon for you to choose from!-

Come One, Come All

Welcome to All Our Masks! We are an Alternate Universe DC-comics RPG, loosely based off the Young Justice comic and show. We accept canons and original characters and have a 223 Rating. No character or player will be left out, everyone will be RPed with. We try to offer and maintain flexibility for characters and storylines wherever possible in our canon characters and themes. So before you rule out a character, plot, twist, or anything else, please talk to an admin first! We would be happy to assist and work with you wherever we can.

If you have any questions, our C-box is open for guests. Or you are more than welcome to pop onto our guest-friendly Questions and Answers board. For easy navigation, see our Table of Contents thread (link located in the sidebar to your left) for a full list of our informational entries.

Current Months

March 2017
S M T W T F S
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -
April 2017
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 - - - - - -

RP Lovers

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Ginger Ale (Hal)
Wally West
 Posted: Aug 7 2017, 09:51 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
21 years old
occupation
GCPD Mechanic
hometown
Gateway City
faction
post count
The Titans
So...I'm your ninja boyfriend?

Where else can I go? Chasin' you, chasin' you Ain't runnin' from myself no more. Together we'll win it all Tag: Hal // Words: ###

February 19th, 2017

Late last night, when Wally could not sleep, he had received a call from a number that he did not have in his contacts and did not recognize. It was probably irrational but he was a kind of afraid to answer numbers that he did not know. There are plenty of explanations as to why no name came up on his phone, of course. Telemarketers, wrong numbers, misdials...just somebody that he has not added yet. Still, not knowing who is on the other end and with that having to keep looking over your shoulder feeling he worries about who is on the other line.

Still, the caller ID says Coast City, CA and Wally knows people from there. He feels compelled to answer as he opens the fridge to look for a snack. “Hello?” He waits and quickly gets an exuberant answer from a familiar voice (“Heeeeey, Walleh!”). Wally relaxes and smiles, crooking an eyebrow. “Hal? Have you been drinking?” he asks with laughter in his tone. (“Pffffft! Noo! Maybe...a li’l. El’s fffault…”) “Sure, Uncle Hal,” he says as he pulls leftovers out to eat cold. “What’s up?”

He held a conversation with the tipsy flight pilot for a while, indulging him. Hal has been a family friend for a long time and he does not know why they have not talked sooner; it is good to hear his voice. Eventually it got quiet on the other end of the line and Wally was sure that his ‘uncle’ had fallen asleep or passed out. “Goodnight, Uncle Hal,” he says gently before hanging up.

The next day after work Wally takes the run down to Coast to visit Hal, equipped with ginger ale and alka seltzer because he is sure his friend will be hung over today. Getting to the man’s apartment, he knocks twice before leaving himself in. The door is locked so Wally phases through it, putting his hand under his nose as blood dribbles out of it. “Uncle Hal?” he calls, sounding nasally. He puts the bag down on the counter and finds a paper towel.

While waiting to see if the man will appear or if he will need to go looking for him, Wally mixes some of the alka seltzer up to have it ready for Hal. Pulling the bottle of ginger ale from the bag, he balls it up and stuffs it with the rest stowed away. Same place he remembers them being before. “Hal are you awake?” he says loudly again.

Post Notes: XXXXXXX

Americanfacepalm
PMEmailAIM
^
Hal Jordan
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 09:08 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
AmericanFacepalm
39 years old
occupation
Air Force Test Pilot
hometown
Coast City
faction
post count
Justice League
N/A

Last night, Hal was hammered completely. He had been convinced by Elora- El for short- that he needed to have a drink with her, claiming that he was boring and needed to have fun. He insisted that he was not boring and could have plenty of fun without getting drunk, but had lost the battle of will. It'd been a while since he'd gotten truly drunk due to always needing to be ready for missions in case he was needed as his ring had an auto-detector for all kinds of drugs and would not work if he was as drunk as he was after Elora convinced him to drink with her.

Needless to say, there were some drunk calls. A while ago, he'd asked his friend Barry about Wally's phone number so they could chat over a distance instead of having to meet up (with Wally usually running all the way over to Hal's place). That then culminated in this moment where Hal had finally called Wally without warning, leading to a conversation that would not be remembered very clearly if at all. In the morning, he woke up with the worst headache possible. He groaned, grabbing his throbbing temple. Okay, maybe getting drunk wasn't as fun as he remembered it being.

The hungover test pilot quickly sat up after several minutes in bed, constantly moaning, to the sound of Wally's voice. He vaguely recalled their conversation from the previous night, mostly just the fact that it had been Wally. Damn, he thought, how long as it been since I last saw Wally?

"I'm alive," Hal says, being a bit over-dramatic with his word choice, "but just barely. I'm out of practice," he explained, referencing drinking in general. He got up, quickly realizing he was not wearing pants. Well, he was, but they were on his head. Oops. Before Wally could find him in his room, he pulled them on the correct way and stood, going to greet his long-time friend the best he could. He reflected fondly on everything he'd been there for with Wally, hoping to catch up on stuff he'd missed.
PM
^
Wally West
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 12:43 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
21 years old
occupation
GCPD Mechanic
hometown
Gateway City
faction
post count
The Titans

Wally follows the sound of Hal’s voice towards his bedroom with the bubbly alka seltzer water in one hand and a couple of Tylenol held in the other. He smiles at the overly dramatic delivery, chuckling. He always appreciated Hal’s humor, just about as much as he does Uncle Barry’s. He can relate to the use of puns and jokes to combat the crappiest of situations. And he can imagine a hangover is pretty darn cruddy.

He is meeting Hal on his way out his door, stopping him so that he can hand over the glass and tablets. “Here.” Someone has to take care of the man and Wally hates to think of him dealing with being sick all by himself all day. Okay, maybe he is a huge softy, but Wally knows from experience that being alone while under the weather makes it so much worse. “I brought you ginger ale too. I hope you at least had fun.”

Fun enough to make the morning after worth it. “I do not envy you,” he admits with a shake of his head, turning to head back towards the kitchen. Wally is incapable of getting drunk, at least by any substance here on Earth and he has not had the opportunity to try anything out of this world. And judging by the after effects, he is not sure he sees the appeal. Then again, he got his powers long before he turned twenty-one so how can he say?

It has been awhile since him and Hal have talked. Wally has not seen him since before the heroes when off to Rimbor for their trial. He was gone before they returned, then there was….he quickly skips that. At least Hal got to miss the part where Wally would not have remembered him. His memory is much better since February and is improving still. He recalls his way around Hal’s apartment well enough. “How...have things been?”

Americanfacepalm
PMEmailAIM
^
Hal Jordan
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 01:40 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
AmericanFacepalm
39 years old
occupation
Air Force Test Pilot
hometown
Coast City
faction
post count
Justice League
N/A

"Thanks, Wally," said Hal, popping some Tylenol and washing it down with the alka seltzer, "and I think it was fun? Not entirely sure. El- I mean Aura came over yesterday with stuff about that weird, crazy new street drug and pulled me along to help stop a shipment. I remember that, then I think the drinking happened after. Not during, that'd be irresponsible," he rambled.

"And things? A little crazy like always since I got this ring, but I think things have been getting a little crazier. Like I said, there's that drug Venocity or whatever, new metahumans, and back in December a Red Lantern showed up. Went and saw Billy last week to try and cheer him up. Not sure how well that succeeded," he told Wally. "How about you?"

Then he noticed the little drops of blood dripping from Wally's nose and raised a brow. "Phasing through walls again? You gotta be more careful. You're basically my nephew at this point and you know I hate losing family. When you were..." Gone. He remembered bringing the League members who were tried back from Rimbor, only to find that so much had gone down and Wally was missing. Hal had been shocked and broken when he heard what happened. Then, strangely, Wally had reappeared. He still didn't understand it, but was happy that he was back, although he had been busy and unable to really be with him like this. Just two dudes hanging out. Though, not many superheroes probably even got to have 'chill time' often, so for Hal, it was savored. Especially with Wally. Like he said, Wally was basically his nephew since he was close friends with Barry, Wally's mentor, although he did have a tendency to 'dad' things with Wally. He would tell dad jokes, show deep concern, and be there when comfort was needed. In theory, Hal was basically another dad to Wally and any who needed a father figure. He tried to be there for everyone especially since his own father had died when he was young, leaving him without that sort of person.
PM
^
Wally West
 Posted: Aug 10 2017, 10:56 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
21 years old
occupation
GCPD Mechanic
hometown
Gateway City
faction
post count
The Titans

Wally nods along to Hal’s rambling. He is not going to stop him and he is not going to be the pot that calls the kettle black. Venocity. He has heard of it. There have been reports of it in a few spots across the country but they had been pretty isolated. To hear that it has made it to Coast City means that it is starting to spread. And that is bad. Real bad. But he did not come over here to talk about business. Business is the usual and he is here as a friend, not a hero.

“Right, because you are always responsible. Thought you weren’t allowed to drink,” he smirks at his friend knowingly. Hal is known for not following all the rules, Wally knows that. He is a good man and a good hero but he gets there on his own terms sometimes. Still, he has never known him to intentionally endanger anyone. Even if he is a bit of a hot shot.

And he keeps himself busy, that is for sure. “How is Billy doing?” He heard through the grapevine that the kid has been having a difficult time lately but he has not gotten a chance to see him, himself. “Think the Red Lantern is a sign of a something bigger coming?”

What about him? How have things been going? Well, they could always be better (though Wally knows they could be worse too). He leans on the counter and slides the ginger ale in Hal’s direction. “They have been alright. Memory is better. Moved back in with Artemis. My kid from an alternate future lives with us. And I have a murderous version of myself running around who knows where who has promised revenge. Good times.”

He smiles through the list of crazy things that have been going on because Wally is the type to put on a happy, optimistic face. Even if that is not at all how he is feeling about things going on. Because the speedster has always been bad at facing his negative emotions but it has only gotten worse after recent...events. Denial and clamming up about his feelings is what he does. Artemis knows how to dig them out of him but he can still be pretty reluctant.

Hal brings attention to the blood around his nose and his quickly brings the back of his hand under it. He has not realized that it had taken to leaking again until Hal said something. “Heh...through the door you weren’t answering,” he says with a chuckle. The sound dies, fading out when Hal’s sentence trails off.

Wally looks away, guilt suddenly written all over his face and green eyes sad. “Sorry…” he says quietly. He had not been fast enough and his disappearance had hurt a lot of people. In the end the world was saved but his family and friends still suffered because he was not good enough. And even when he got home...he just keeps making things harder on everyone.

Americanfacepalm
PMEmailAIM
^
Hal Jordan
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 03:19 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
AmericanFacepalm
39 years old
occupation
Air Force Test Pilot
hometown
Coast City
faction
post count
Justice League
N/A

"Hey, hey, I am very responsible," Hal quipped when Wally poked fun at him. "And yeah, I'm not supposed to, but Aura can be very persuasive."

When Wally asked about Billy, his brow furrowed a small amount. "Billy has been in a serious slump, though I think our little pep-talk worked. As for that whole Red Lantern business... I know something is coming, I just don't know what. I've told some other Leaguers about it, but I've held off on telling other Lanterns. There's something more to this that I don't understand yet and the one I met... he's not like the rest of them. He helped me save people. Those guys don't normally do that."

As the ginger ale was pushed toward him, he picked it up and took a sip, doing a spit-take when Wally went over everything. "A kid from an alternate future? A murderous you? Holy cow, Wally. I never expected that to be what you've been up to. I just assumed... running or whatever. The usual. Definitely not your kid from an alternate future or an evil you. God, that's crazy."

Then Wally looked away with a guilty face, his green eyes filled with sorrow. "You don't have to be sorry, Wally," he said, taking a step closer, seemingly offering a hug.
"It was something you couldn't control..."

His own eyes became sad, only being able to wonder at the things bogging his young friend down. From experience, he knew that Wally liked to stuff his feelings into a proverbial hole and never deal with them, even when that hole began to overflow. "If you need to talk, bud, I'm here, and so is Barry,"

But even with all of his experience, he had no idea what it was like living with everything Wally had to live with. Disappearing, coming back not completely there, having a kid from an alternate future, and having an evil self. He made a mental note of that last one just in case that became relevant. Hal did not want to be surprised in case he ran into this evil-Wally.
PM
^
Wally West
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 01:29 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
21 years old
occupation
GCPD Mechanic
hometown
Gateway City
faction
post count
The Titans

Where else can I go? Chasin' you, chasin' you Ain't runnin' from myself no more. Together we'll win it all Tag: Hal // Words: ###

Wally gives Hal a knowing grin, as if he is aware of a detail that his close friend is muddling over. Because he is either too close to the situation or he is in total denial mode. Either way… Persuasive...right!” he enunciates before chuckling. “I’m sure that persuasiveness has nothing to do with a pretty face, right?” Everyone knows Hal is an insatiable flirt; it is one of the things the two of them have in common.

He is glad to hear that Billy is, hopefully, feeling better. “He is a good kid.” And no matter what he does not deserve all the crap that has been thrown at him lately. Wally is glad that people like Hal have been taking the time to help build him up a little. God knows the poor kid could use that support. But he always remembers Hal to be the sort who would go out of his way to help someone else, even if it is inconvenient for him. He plays himself off to be some suave guy but he is a big softly.

As far as lanterns go, any amount of red ones anywhere in their atmosphere seems like a bad idea to Wally. “Cause...if you do then they will throw the book at him?” Not that Wally can blame them. Red Lanterns, as far as he understands, are pretty bad news.

Wally explains a few of the things that have been going on in his life and he grins at Hal’s surprise. “I’m shocked you think all I do is run around.” His life has been plenty crazy lately, but not all of it has been bad. “Pretty sure it is worse for Luc than it is for us. He is quiet. And he cooks!” And likes it. It certainly has been saving them on their take out food bill. Even with two in the apartment now with speedster size appetites they are still better off.

The good humor of the moment loses its strength when the subject of him going missing is brought up. It always stirs up feelings of guilt for him. His absence is still having an affect on people and it kills him to know that he was not around, saving them from all of that. Hal tells him he does not have to be sorry, but Wally cannot help it because he is. Sorry that he was not fast enough and then not smart enough to figure out how to get back sooner. Too stupid not to get caught and kept away longer, accruing more baggage that is inevitably shared by everyone he cares about.

“Yeah...I know.” But by the sounds of it, Wally really does not believe that. He glances sideways at Hal, the offered hug not going unnoticed. He snorts and tries to hide the small smile that appears. Shaking his head, Wally leans and then takes a couple shuffling steps in order to accept the embrace, wrapping his arms around the man carefully. “Don’t you dare throw up on me.”

It feels good, though. He missed Hal.

He is quiet for a minute, face planted against Hal’s shoulder, before he sighs. “Barry has so much on his plate right now. I don’t want to bother him.” He does not want to bother anybody about his issues, his problems, his dilemmas. They are his to bear and he is already burden enough for his friends and family; sometimes he is afraid he does not do enough to at least balance it out.

“But…” he starts and pauses. “If I tell you something, will you promise not to tell Uncle Barry? Or Aunt Iris?” He should not say anything else he cause a flood of worry. But it has been sitting on his chest all this time and maybe if he tells someone...

Americanfacepalm
PMEmailAIM
^
Hal Jordan
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 04:04 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
AmericanFacepalm
39 years old
occupation
Air Force Test Pilot
hometown
Coast City
faction
post count
Justice League
N/A

Definitely in denial mode. Hal was mostly used to being the one doing the flirting and not to being the one wooed by flirting. Elora Tucker rocked his world, sending everything topsy-turvy for him. "Oh come on, am I really that predictable?" And for the record, yes, yes Hal was very predictable when it came to pretty faces and women.

"Yeah, Billy's a good kid. I know the little scrapper will get through this just fine," he said about the child hero as if he was his own son. Yeah, Hal was a huge softy despite his seemingly cocky Casanova-esque exterior.

Hal nodded with a slight grimness to his face. "Now that Ganthet is gone, almost nobody will listen to me about this guy's deal. They'll want to interrogate him, which won't end well. Then I'll get in trouble for working with him to take down that Venocity-monster-thing instead of immediately apprehending him. And if John tells instead of me, ho boy. The book will be thrown and thrown hard."

At Wally's quip about running, he smirked. "Well, I'm sure you think all I do is fly around and be a space cop," but he seemed a little more surprised about Luc's nature. "Quiet? Cooks? Are we sure this is your kid from an alternate future? Of course, it could be an alternate future where you don't talk half as much and you are a master chef."

"I would never throw up on you, Wally. You'd speed out of the way and it'd ruin my carpet," Hal joked, embracing Wally. And as good as it feels for Wally, it feels as such for Hal. He missed Wally as much as Wally missed him. He'd never considered himself to be much of a family guy (despite practically adopting the entire Team as a surrogate father), but he sure had a knack for being a bleeding heart. Losing Wally had hurt him as much as it'd hurt Barry. It had been like losing his own son. But now they could be friends again, like old times.

"Barry is a balancing act. He can handle more, especially for you," he said, looking down at Wally, the guy face-planted in his shoulder. When Wally got serious in tone, the hungover hero assumed the most outlandish thing. "... Is Artemis pregnant? DID YOU FORGET TO-- OH MY GOD AM I GOING TO BE A GRUNKLE?!"

Miss Red
PM
^
Wally West
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 03:07 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
21 years old
occupation
GCPD Mechanic
hometown
Gateway City
faction
post count
The Titans

Wally does not even have to say ‘yes’. The look on his face and the knowing smile says it all for him. Of course Hal is predictable. The man just loves to flirt, though he has never known his uncle figure to be, well, a pig about it. It is still a known fact that the Green Lantern cannot help himself.

Billy will make it through this. And not just because he is a tough kid (and deserves to) but because he has a good support group. There is nobody Wally knows that does not like the kid or wish for him to succeed, be happy.

And Hal’s softness is only proven further by his reluctance to turn in a Red Lantern, of all villains. Not just because Hal himself will get in trouble but because he is worried about the guy with the red ring. It is really sweet, but Wally hopes that Hal knows what he is doing. He worries about his friends first and foremost.

“And flirt with girls,” he adds with a playful smirk. And he laughs at the jabs he gets, shaking his head. “I’m gone in this timeline,” as in dead, “and he picked up most of his mom’s traits. And...well, I don’t think it is my place to go talking about it.” Luc does not like people knowing about his weaknesses and instabilities. And Wally would not be much of a dad or friend if he went blabbing about them to anyone.

“Better your carpet than me.” Ew.

Barry can handle more? Wally does not know. His uncle has a wife and children and work and all of central city to worry about. Not to mention his work with the Justice League. He really does not need his nephew throwing his problems at him. He will have to figure it out himself somehow.

But it is unwise to keep everything on his own shoulders. Maybe it would not hurt to unload at least one thing off them. Of course Hal goes ahead and assumes, getting all dramatic, and Wally pulls back with wide eyes. “What? No! We’re careful. Oh my God, Hal!” Wally’s cheeks burn red, most of his freckles disappearing under the flush.

He takes a step back and cards his fingers back through his hair a couple times, averting his eyes. “It’s about them, is all. And I just don’t want them to worry over what is probably nothing, ya know? But it’s been...bothering me..”
PMEmailAIM
^
Hal Jordan
 Posted: Aug 20 2017, 07:59 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
AmericanFacepalm
39 years old
occupation
Air Force Test Pilot
hometown
Coast City
faction
post count
Justice League
N/A

Hal grinned back at Wally, caught red-handed in the act of being an insatiable flirt. "All right, maybe I am that predictable," he chuckled. Despite being unable to help himself, he still had an honor code of flirting. He was not the type to go.. ahem, 'all-out.'

But it was not just Billy who would make it through these rough times. Even if it killed Hal, he would make sure Wally got through this. Wally was strong and absolutely capable of overcoming his problems, given he accepted the help was offered.

In all honesty, Hal had no idea about what he was doing. First, he did not inform the Guardians or any other Green Lantern about Razer, then he bumped into him and talked to him? Oof, Hal was in over his head with this whole Red Lantern business. It was unclear where this Razer would lead him.

"That too," Hal smirked. Then Wally talked about Luc briefly and he nodded, "I see. Sounds like a good kid, though."

"Quite so," he quipped.

"What? That wasn't it?" he said in response to Wally's reaction. He watched the speedster freak out over the wild assumption, then said, "Ah, sorry." Though, it was a little funny to see Wally all flustered.

Wally fiddled with his hair and avoided Hal's gaze, which concerned him. "About them? Don't want to worry them? Been bothering you? What...?"

What could it possibly be? What could possibly concern Wally so much that he did not want his friends and family knowing about? Were they in danger? If so, why did Wally phrase it like he did, 'Nothing to worry about'? All this and more ran through Hal's mind. He knew he had promised Wally that he would not tell them, but if this was a matter of life or death, they would be informed most certainly.

Of course, he did not say any of that out loud, so Wally would have no clue about his potential to break his promise (although Hal really did not want to unless it truly was a matter of utmost importance, the difference between lives saved and lives lost).

Miss Red
PM
^
Wally West
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 12:10 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
21 years old
occupation
GCPD Mechanic
hometown
Gateway City
faction
post count
The Titans

Luc is a good kid. He has his problems but don’t they all? But despite his issues, inherent or otherwise, he tries to rise above them. He does the best he can with what he has. And Wally would not begrudge him the quirks or irritating traits he has; Luc is his son after all. And he cooks, which certainly earns him enough points in Wally’s book.

Hal better not puke on him. There would be vengeance.

And /no/ Artemis is not pregnant! Not that, that would not be absolutely wonderful but they had both sort of agreed that now was not the time to start a family. Not yet. Soon. But after they have this whole Luthor and end of the world as they know it thing battened down. Wally also knows how hard the subject is for Arty still and he wants her to be as ready as he is before they decide to try for a baby.

So no. No babies. Not yet. Not now.

His cheeks are still a remarkable shade of red when Hal apologizes and he shakes his head. “It’s...it’s fine,” he squeaks and tries to calm his embarrassment. It is embarrassing after all to get so flustered.

The question that is really on Wally’s mind now though is, can Hal keep a secret? He has kept this secret since the birth of his little cousins but it has become a burden to him. But he does not want his aunt and uncle to be needlessly concerned; being parents, new ones at that, has enough of its own worries without him bringing terrible predictions from the future. But he is tired of carrying it around by himself and he wants to trust Hal.

“When I was gone I visited a future and I heard about things that had happened, could happen here.” He leans against the counter, bending his arms back and gripping the edge. He looks down at his feet. “During an attack by the Light, Aunt Iris and the twins…”. He bites his lip. “...they get killed. Barry is a wreck even by the time I showed up. It is not like it has to happen, timelines are always changing. But I can’t help but to see that worn, sad look Barry had…”

Americanfacepalm
PMEmailAIM
^
Hal Jordan
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 04:17 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
AmericanFacepalm
39 years old
occupation
Air Force Test Pilot
hometown
Coast City
faction
post count
Justice League
N/A

BEWARE MY POWER
"Ah," he said. It clearly was not as fine as Wally wanted to lead him to believe (considering it caused such fluster in him), but he did not want to make it any worse than it already was... although becoming a grand uncle, or grunkle, was not so bad a thing, if it were to happen, that is. He was not planning on having kids himself so he mused that his nephew having some was all right, if not good. But of course, he did not know the complexities of the whole situation with Artemis, Wally, and potential future babies.

Though, with Luc, would they need to actually have kids? Probably not.

The way Wally leaned against the counter and looked at his feet as he opened with an innocent enough statement concerned Hal. His worries were just, however, as Wally went on to describe the future to him.

"Iris- the twins? No, that can't possibly be what happens!" he interjected.

If that was not bad enough, Barry apparently lost his fire after that, gaining a tired and melancholic look that stayed with him no matter where he went or what he did. Being his (arguably best) friend, that hurt Hal a lot. Just the idea of poor Iris and those two bouncing little tykes dying, leaving Barry alone and broken... it was enough to contort his face into a look of abject despair. Now, he was not one of those nuts who were obsessed with the future or believed in 'seeing' it, but he knew well enough to take Wally's word for it, considering that whole Speed Force thingamajig, or whatever it was, that allowed speedsters to cut through time if running at a high enough velocity.

Again, he was no nut or expert on time travel, so that was all he really knew about it. Oh, there was also Impulse, also known as Bart, who came from the future. Honestly, all this future nonsense made him dizzy and sick just thinking about it. Whatever happened to problems only being as big as the bad guy you were fighting? When did the future full of impending doom become a thing?

Scroll over to expand: Notes and tags are here.

Notes: None

Tags: Miss Red
PM
^
Wally West
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 08:24 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
21 years old
occupation
GCPD Mechanic
hometown
Gateway City
faction
post count
The Titans

Wally had been embarrassed but it was more than just embarrassment. It was his own worries and those of Artemis’ and… They both seemed to be on the same page about children when it had come up in conversation but that had felt like the only thing they were actually agreeing on the whole night. It is just more complicated than the usual complexities of starting a family. Being a superhero, a pair of them, will do that, Wally has assumed, but if it is something more than that…

He has plenty of things on his mind but he has not come all this way to talk about that one. Heck, he showed up here to take care of poor Hal, maybe catch up a little, not throw his concerns and paranoia at him.

Hal goes into denial mode and Wally expected it, to be honest. Nobody wants to believe that the future can have something terrible in store for their family. Everyone wants to live happily ever after, if you pardon the fairy tale phrase. They want happy, healthy, successful families and groups of friends. But not everyone gets to live to a ripe old age and not everyone gets what they need out of life.

“In this version of the future it did happen. Some sort of...virus...or something. Luc would know but…” Wally shrugs his shoulders, appearing tired as though suddenly /really/ aware of the weight he has been carrying. “...he has been through a lot too.” The young man rubs his face and shifts, swinging his arms and looking like an anxious speedster on edge. “I feel like a creep the way I have been keeping tabs. I have thought about saying something but Barry would really freak.” He is already super protective of his family.

Americanfacepalm
PMEmailAIM
^
Hal Jordan
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 06:35 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
AmericanFacepalm
39 years old
occupation
Air Force Test Pilot
hometown
Coast City
faction
post count
Justice League
N/A

Good thing Wally did not say any of that out loud, as that would instantly bring Hal into it. He had a habit of trying to solve problems that were not his and, given that Wally was basically Hal's nephew, he would most definitely do his best to make things better. Of course, he was not exactly the best source of advice on loving while being a superhero. His own past relationship with Carol had gone up in flames because it was simply too hard and too dangerous to have something like that with everything that was going on around them.

Be careful with what you say, Wally, because, as mentioned before, your uncle had (still has) an awful habit of nosing his way into the problems of others. It was kind of a weird compulsion to help out in any way he could. Regardless, this was indeed supposed to be a catch up session, or a catch up session mashed into the aftermath of some irresponsible drinking.

Of course he went into denial! This was certainly the first he had heard of this terrible future that was supposed to happen rather soon. It sounded awful, to say the very least. If he said all his thoughts on it, though, they would be there all day. It was just... awful that something like that could happen to people as nice as the Allens. Of course everyone wanted a fairy tale ending. Hal wanted it for Barry and his other friends, although he did not expect it for himself. He had a feeling he himself would go down guns blazing, or something. That somewhat coincided with the reality that not everyone lived long, happy lives.

"A virus..." Hal murmured. He was about to ask what Luc knew, but it seemed Wally did not know either. The kid had been through a lot. He could only imagine. As for his nephew, he looked so tired, weighed down with all these problems like a ton of rocks were upon him. "Never creepy to keep tabs." Of course you would say that, considering you stalked a Red Lantern. "Barry would freak... but if he knows, can't he stop it?"

Miss Red
PM
^
Wally West
 Posted: Oct 13 2017, 02:23 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
21 years old
occupation
GCPD Mechanic
hometown
Gateway City
faction
post count
The Titans

Of course Wally is aware of his ‘Uncle’s’ incessant and compulsive need to get involved with the problems of his friends and family, Wally thinks for as much of a need to feel as though he is apart of everyone, everything as the hero complex he wears all over. He knows Hal means well and wants to help but sometimes, Hal, it is better to just leave people the room they need to fix their own issues. Still, as much as the speedster is aware of Hal’s ‘problem’, Wally is not always the best at keeping his mouth shut; thankfully this time he was too embarrassed to bring up the whole thing.

He has other things on his mind. Bigger things. Life and death things which outweigh whether or not Wally and Artemis are having children or not.

Heh...not creepy, is it? Well, Wally definitely feels creepy regardless of Hal’s assurances. But maybe it is less because of the hovering way he keeps track of his family and has more to do with the heavy guilt that sits with him. He feels bad for keeping his Uncle Barry out of the loop. Still, the man has had to deal with plenty already and Wally is already partly to blame for that. Barry had lost his nephew once, so how can he tell Barry that he could lose both his kids and his wife?

“I can’t do that to him,” Wally professes sadly, crossing his arms in a subconscious act of protecting himself from all the insecurities from the conglomerate of his past. “The pain I…” caused, “...of me ‘dying’ is still too fresh. Then someone tells him that in the next few years he could lose Iris and the twins too?” He shakes his head. “No...no, no, it would...it wouldn’t be good, Hal. That’s why you cannot tell him.” Wally raises his eyes to lock them with the GL’s, hoping to convey that he hopes he has not made a mistake confiding this.

Americanfacepalm
PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Static...
Crusader Citadel The Arrow ideal world Infinity Rising

Marquee...
After the Fall

Listed At...
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Candyland Couture Shadowplay GRAPHICS GAMES a resource community nerd listings Rockin Roleplay

skin by bonbon.