-Register your character account as First Name Last Name. No account should be all caps.-
-If you do not like this color scheme, we are going to be adding variants soon for you to choose from!-

Come One, Come All

Welcome to All Our Masks! We are an Alternate Universe DC-comics RPG, loosely based off the Young Justice comic and show. We accept canons and original characters and have a 223 Rating. No character or player will be left out, everyone will be RPed with. We try to offer and maintain flexibility for characters and storylines wherever possible in our canon characters and themes. So before you rule out a character, plot, twist, or anything else, please talk to an admin first! We would be happy to assist and work with you wherever we can.

If you have any questions, our C-box is open for guests. Or you are more than welcome to pop onto our guest-friendly Questions and Answers board. For easy navigation, see our Table of Contents thread (link located in the sidebar to your left) for a full list of our informational entries.

Current Months

March 2017
S M T W T F S
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -
April 2017
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 - - - - - -

RP Lovers

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Closed
New Poll

Zombie Cruise (Supergirl), January 28th 2017 | Pacific Ocean
Impulse
 Posted: Aug 4 2016, 09:14 AM
Impulse
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
faction
post count
N/A

For SuperGirl
January 28th 2017 | 4:58AM
490 Words
Earlier this week there were reports of a new virus in the United States. But from where no one knew. The sea maybe. It seemed that several cruise ships would leave the port and set out to a relaxing sea drifting vacation however, the ship wouldn’t return, or if it did, it was in shambles and the survivors, if you could even call them that were sick, but not the lay in bed and drink soup sick. More like the ‘i need to consume human flesh.. Or brains’ sick. It didn’t make headlines until the second occurrence, where then the team was finally catching wind and decided to look into a bit more.

The Wavedancer cruise was one of the biggest, luxurious cruises for this early in the year and Bart was already offering himself to the mission. How couldn’t he?? It was Zombies! Of course this world and his (the future) as well as other universes have such extraordinary things and people and meta humans, Zombies shouldn’t be such a wow factor anymore.. But it was. Of course, there were jokes that teens on their cell phones might as well be zombies, but this.. They practically said it on CN News. This was the real deal. Perfectly healthy folk got on a ship to nowhere and came back sick. It was weird, suspicious and there was a single healthy conscious mind among the returnees. So there was no one to question and doctors were still struggling to cure the sick.

The Team wasn’t sure sending Impulse on an undercover mission was the wisest. Bart even tried to get Blue Beetle to go to, but it seemed the lad had other things, personal things he had to attend, so they agreed on Supergirl, who was worthy of trusting. SuperGirl and Impulse were going undercover on a ship. A cruise ship! “This is so crash!” He nearly leaped out of his boots before zetaing home in central city.

January 28th, early in the morning, about 3:30AM, Bart is already awake. Zetaing to the closest location in California where he then races to the ships docking station. A backpack on his back filled with clothes(ya know, just in case they were there longer than expected). Now, where was Kara? Bart, now waiting near some other soon to be boarding passengers, was looking in the sky. A tall, somewhat round gentleman prodded Bart with his elbow. “You looking for birds or something?” Bart faked a laugh while rubbing the back of his head nervously.

“Hah.. yeah, something like that. But uh-” He was interrupted by the man taking tickets. He had a frown, staring down at Bart, asking for his ticket. “Ah, well you see, my sister has my ticket and she’s not here yet, butshewillbesodon’tkickmeoutyet.” He was nervous. Of course he could take on his hero persona and get on the ship with ease, but he was supposed to be under cover.
thanks alex
^
Kara Zor-El2
 Posted: Aug 4 2016, 09:05 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
17 years old
occupation
Student/Hero
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Team
You can't just arrive in Gotham City and not tell Batman.

Zombies, or at least the whole idea behind them, is nothing new to Kara; Krypton has its own fair share of horror stories meant to chill and frighten you and mindless, flesh eating people seems to be pretty common bone chiller across the galaxies. After all, who would that not freak out? It is classic. Most will, the unbelievers, assure you that there is no such thing, but Kara is wholly convinced that nothing is impossible. The universe is a big place, after all, so such an insistence is really a baseless assumptions. Cannibals are an accepted thing - accepted as truth, not acceptable she would add...ew - so how much of a stretch are zombies really?

So when it came to the League's attention that cruise goers were coming back to shore brain-eating ill (oh yes, Kara went there) Kara could not help but to feel smugly unsurprised. It was much harder to hide the irrepressible grin that had spread across her face but she kept herself in check. The Kryptonian girl wants to be taken seriously, to be seen as mature and capable and trustworthy; what teenager does not? It was not as though she does not take things seriously, she just happens to do so in a very enthusiastic and unorthodox way sometimes. And learning that zombies are a real deal? Come on, Bart is clearly excited so why not her.

Though she was not anticipating to be assigned to the undercover, fact finding mission with Bart on the next cruise (the Wavedancer), but she accepted with a fist pump and a under the breath hissing 'yes'. Obviously she appreciates the opportunity. She had never worked with the speedster in anything less than a group before, but she likes him in general. And he seems just as...fervent...about the whole zombie thing as she is. No, probably more so and for much more nerdy reasons.

Kara went home after the briefing and packed some things for the trip, testing her shield to be sure her armor was working at optimal efficiency. By the morning of January twenty-eight she is sure she is prepared for anything. She left the apartment in Metropolis before Kal was awake, having said her good-byes the previous night so she would not wake him now. And she was off, backpack over one shoulder. She did not bother with the zeta tubes, able to make it across the country easy enough on her own power.

She can hear Bart's voice long before she saw him (without enhanced vision) and lands somewhere inconspicuous before making her way in that direction. Her lips curl as she hears him nervously chattering with the man collecting tickets for the trip and it is only a few seconds afterward that she comes up behind him. Flinging a deceivingly slender around Bart's shoulders and pulling him down so that he is more at her height. "Slow down, little brother," she says, a tease in her voice that could easily be assumed to be a reference to him being taller than his older sister.

The blonde probably does not look drowsy enough for someone awake at three thirty in the morning, but her smile is vibrant as she produces their tickets from her pocket. She hands them over to the man before shrugging the strap of her back higher on her arm. "Did you think I wasn't going to make it in time?" She grins at him, looking a little devious. You can practically hear in her expression her telling him she is just about as fast as him.

Tag – Impulse | Notes – xxxx
PMEmailAIM
^
Impulse
 Posted: Aug 6 2016, 12:57 PM
Impulse
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
faction
post count
N/A

For Supergirl
409 Words
There she was. She finally made it. He was only waiting for what felt like forever. Time for a speedster was always so different then for regular people. Everything seemed slow when he wasn't going fast. So just waiting (even for a couple of minutes) was just way to long! But she was here now. "Kara!" He nearly leaped happily but was quickly brought down by her arm. "See there, I told ya I had a sister, she just wasn't here when you came around, which you know, because she wasn't here earlier but now she's here and she has tickets~" He sang that last word, throwing one of his arms into the air.

The ticket taking man gave a look of annoyance , taking the ticket from Kara and placing him in his pouch. Bart looked Kara and smiled wide. "What, no. Of course I thought you'd get here on time, why wouldn't I think that? Not like it's too early in the morning for the birds to be awake or anything, I may have been worried you wouldn't wake up or forgot to set an alarm but your here and that's good, let's get on the ship!" He speaks fast, but still slow enough for most people.. especially Kara could make out the words.

He wants to run onto the ship and look in every room, check out the kitchen, the chiefs area. The steam room, is there a steam room? But he can't. Because he was in civilian clothes. He wasn't wearing a mask and he was just Bart Allen. Not Impulse, Not Kid Flash, not any codename. Just Bart. So he reluctantly walks. "Hey, ya know, this is one of the oldest cruise I heard. It's been a thing for a long time. It started off as a small boat though, not this big." He said, gripping the shoulder straps of his back pack, thinking maybe it would keep his hands busy. It didn't. "What room are you in, what room am I in?" He asked out loud, then he began to wonder.. what he should have questioned way before but he only realized it now.

"Hey, will our coms work when we're out to sea?" He asked in a hushed voice. Maybe it was a stupid questioned. Their coms worked in the north pole, why not in the ocean? But he had to be sure.
thanks alex

^
Kara Zor-El2
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 11:36 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
17 years old
occupation
Student/Hero
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Team

Kara cannot help but to laugh out loud at Bart's antics. Sometimes he could be annoying, do not get her wrong, but the way he rambles on and on excitedly sometimes (all the times) can be kind of endearing. Then again, she is one of the few around who can legitimately keep up with the way his tongue rattles off words and puts his thoughts out there at a mile a minute. The blonde gives him an extra, gentle squeeze. "Yup! Because you would lose them, remember?" She singsongs 'remember' in mimicry of him.

Though her face is smiling when she turns to look at the man taking their tickets it quickly sours at the sight of the annoyed he is leveling at her 'brother'. Her eyes narrow and her teeth set firmly together, as she communicates her own irritation, a look that clearly asks 'do you have a problem?' It goes well with her role as Bart's big sister, but actually Kara just feels plain protective of her partner - of any of her friends, really. She lost a whole world and while she has come to terms with this her adoption of this planet as her home has come hand in hand with considering her Team family. Family should be protected...with a vengeance if necessary.

If Bart had not noticed the expression on her face before, it is gone when her reverts her focus to him. She cannot help but to mirror his enthusiasm and the largeness of his grin, soaking in the energy he exudes. "Such little faith!" she chirps, spinning him towards the ship with her hands on her shoulders as an anchor so he might not get too carried away and rush off in a blur. "If you were so worried you could have called me." She smirks and follows him up onto the ship, behind a bunch of people taking their leisure time of it. This must be torture for her younger friend.

Once on deck she leaves go of Bart in order to walk alongside him, ducking her shoulder back to avoid someone coming from the opposite direction they are heading. "No, Bart, I did not know that." But then there are plenty of things she does not know about earth. It makes her think that maybe she should have done more research, looked into things more, memorized the boat's layout...but it never came to mind just now. "I probably should have read the pamphlet, at least," she confesses out loud, blushing as she brushes her hands back through her hair.

He asks about their room numbers and she shrugs. "Sixty-seven and sixty-eight I think? You can have whichever one you want." She does not mind if he wants dibs. Somehow she doubts they will be doing much sleeping anyway; not that either of them require as much rest as the average person. Thinking about it, that probably makes them pretty ideal for this mission.

Kara has no need to lean in to hear Bart when he whispers to her, yet she tilts her head in that direction automatically. She pauses briefly before leaning closer to communicate back to him in equally hushed tones; because he does not have super hearing. "They should. I mean, why wouldn't they? Though I guess someone could jam communications. Which I suppose it would make sense if that were attempted given the suspected situation we are walking into."She is hard pressed not to gesture wildly as she speaks (rambles), pursing her lips for a second and looks thoughtful. "Our coms are more high tech than the average, but don't worry...if you scream I'll hear you," she teases with a grin, reaching up to ruffle his hair.

PMEmailAIM
^
Impulse
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 11:48 AM
Impulse
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
faction
post count
N/A

For Supergirl
451 Words
"I'm not gonna scream!" He says in a somewhat whiny voice, crossing his arms over chest defensively. But he knew what she meant. She could probably hear him whisper to someone else from across the boat. This was a good thing most of the time, but it made him wonder how many things she heard that she didn't want to hear. Like, between a couple or something.

Sixty-five, Sixty-six.. There they were, felt like they were walking forever. Everything feels like forever when you weren't going fast and Bart preferred to go fast. To be fast. Downside to undercover was pretending he wasn't fast. Next time, he'd have to weigh that in when deciding to do stuff like this.. but.. Zombies! That was worth waiting for. Excitedly, Bart opened the first door. Sixty-seven. He looked around quickly and hurried (as hurried as he could without speeding) to look at the other room. There was no difference. Both were the same. Twins. Boring! "Well I guess it doesn't matter much, huh?" He said, putting his hands on his hips briefly before going back to the first room, deciding that one will be his and for no specific reason.

He dropped his bag on the ground and slowly closed the door and then, much to his relief, he zipped around the small quaint room, putting his clothes in the offered closet and putting his bag safely stowed under his bed. He was done in a less the a second before opening his door casually and checking on Kara. "Hey, Supe--" The last word drug on when he realized there where people and he really needed to stop referring to his team as their code names all the time. "Supe----rrr Sister!" He said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. "You done yet? I'm done. But I don't know what to do. What are you supposed to do on a cruise. I know there's food, speaking of I'm already hungry. I only had two bananas, and three bowls of cereal this morning and on the way here.. well I you know, I get hungry. Do you think they have food before like lunch and dinner and stuff?" He spoke quickly, but not too quickly. Slow enough for regular people to understand if they wanted to listen in.

"And what else is there to do? I've never been on a cruise, I mean I read about it, but a lot if is massages and dinners. And its not dinner time and I don't want a massage. I think there's a pool. Which is funny . A pool on a ship in the ocean. It's a pool in the ocean." He thought that was rather amusing.
thanks alex

^
Kara Zor-El2
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 01:18 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
17 years old
occupation
Student/Hero
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Team

Kara giggles with fond amusement at Bart’s pouty response to her playful jab. She watches him cross his arms petulantly, looking very much his age as he expresses his defense. The blonde elbows him amiably in the ribs, careful to do so gently. So often she forgets her Kryptonian strength, it is still so odd to her. More than once it has slipped her mind and what she meant as ‘light’ touches caused more damage than she ever could have before Earth. Bart might heal faster than most, yet that does not mean she wants to cause him any pain, even unintentionally.

“Of course you won’t,” she says, sounding unconvinced as she continues to tease a little bit. Her smile softens then, her eyes warming. “I’m only playing, Bart.” Kara hopes to assure him; she would not want to damage his pride at all, even if he should be able to take it as much as he dishes it out.

“Seriously, though,” she starts, still whispering and taking on a business-y tone, “Try to avoid being a hot shot and remember you have a partner. Try to cut me out of the fun and you’ll regret it.” The latter part is voiced lighter and more carefree, offsetting the initial gravity she began it with. They are partners which means the both of them have someone watching their backs. That does not mean, though, that they cannot have any fun. After all, they are supposed to be blending in! They can do that and keep an ear to the ground, especially when one of them has a Kryptonian pair of ears.

Kara stands waiting for her friend to decide which room he wants; she is not sure if there is much of a difference but she really has no preferences regardless. She is dropping her back from her shoulder when Bart’s hands go akimbo as he declares there to be no point. Kara laughs quietly and takes the remaining room. “Dibs is dibs!” she calls to her ‘little brother’ as she enters it, closing the door behind her.

Kara unknowingly shares the same inclination as Bart, to unpack as quickly as possible and get the chore out of the way. She is a brief blur as she puts her clothes in the provided space, her personal supplies under the small sink, and her back she kicks unceremoniously under the twin-sized bed. She dusts her hands off as if she had been toiling forever, a satisfied smile on her face.

She can already hear Bart on the other side of her door, which she opens with a flourish as he begins to call her Supergirl. He catches himself in the nick of time as someone walks by; that could have been interesting to explain to someone. Kara does not make mention of his quick correction, not desiring to embarrass him when he already looks nervous.

She allows him to rattle on, just slow enough so that the speed would not be suspicious to eavesdroppers - not that it would have been an issue for her. Kara opts for not interrupting. He might just run right over her words if she did try to speak. Sometimes it is just best to let Bart’s train of thought run its course. When he finally pauses for breath she smiles, throwing her arms out in an open gesture. “Yup, all done!”

The blonde steps out into the hall and closes the door, letting him know for a certainty that she is not tied to her quarters. “From what I gather about cruises, food is an important part of the experience.” She tips her head at a slight angle to better hear what is going on somewhere else in the ship. “And It is that way,” she announces with a motion of her head, directing him to start walking in that direction. Meanwhile, she pulls out an energy bar, holding it out for her companion invitingly, a snack for the trip to get a snack.

As they walk, Kara pulls her phone out of her pocket in order to fire a quick text off to her cousin to let him know that she had arrived and settled. From there the cell disappears and she does not appear to feel the urge to pull it right back out. No, she is focused on interacting with Bart. “I am pretty sure they have a list of activities and fun stuff. Games, trivia, performances...I think there is a mini golf course set up. When we reach a certain spot there might be snorkeling.” She looks back as though longing for her pamphlet, to confirm everything she has mentioned, but she does not want to walk all the way back.

PMEmailAIM
^
Impulse
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 08:03 AM
Impulse
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
faction
post count
N/A

Tag Supergirl
324 Words
Bart twisted his lips, thinking about Kara's words. Let her have some fun. He could do that.. But not being a hotshot.. That was different story. "I'm always a hotshot." He said, folding his arm over his chest and holding his head up high. He had to act the part to be the part, right? But he knew what she meant. He cant go zipping around and defeating all the bad guys-- er.. Zombies. But he would try. It was hard to remember that he had back up. Sure, he had worked with The Team for a while now, but he was still Impulse.. and thus.. He was still impulsive.

Now they are walking along the deck, talking about the to-dos on a cruise. He turns mid step when Kara gestures in another direction. There is no rest for a speedster's stomach. No rest for a speedster's metabolism. Really, there's hardly any rest for a speedster at all. "Golf? What do you say if you hit into the ocean? Is it still Fore?" He asks jokingly.. Obviously, Bart doesn't know much about golf!

"Snorkeling?? Hah! That could be fun! Ya think we'll see an Atlanteans down there?" He laughs.. But his laugh turns into a whine when his stomach growls with the demands of food. "Well, whatever we do, I need food first! Otherwise I really wont be a hotshot!" He states, turning another corner, the smell of cooked chicken is now catching his attention.

"Oh man!" He says excitedly, working his walk into a jog. Just a jog. Not running. Definitely not running. "I'm so hungry.. How many weird looks ya think I'll get when I start eating?" He asks, turning, now jogging backwards while looking at Kara. Bart wasn't going to eat at speedster speed, but eat a lot, he was. And there has been more than one time that he has been kicked out of an all you can eat buffet.
thanks alex
^
Kara Zor-El2
 Posted: Nov 20 2016, 10:51 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
17 years old
occupation
Student/Hero
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Team

Kara gives Bart her best flat look, arching her brow at him. “Oh...I know…” she says knowingly. It does not last long though and she is smiling. The Team and anyone on it could get frustrated with him for doing the things he does, but everyone knows what he is like. They all have their quirks and their ways about them, nobody has much room to judge. They just learn how each individual and their peculiarities fit in the whole plan. Like a puzzle. Everyone belongs in some way. It is what makes Kara look forward to her time spent with them.

At least she can keep up with Bart easier than most; though without these powers she would stand as little of a chance as any of them. It probably makes it a little easier to deal with him when you know can follow the conversation no matter how fast the words come out. He is doing a good job, thus far, however of keeping the pace normalized.

She thinks for a second about his question about golf. Kara has as much of a clue as Bart does about golf. She is not all that familiar with it besides the fact that you hit a little white (sometimes neon colored) ball with a stick called a club, hoping to get it in the hole at the end. “Double points?” she suggests after a beat with a grin and a shrug that say clearer than words ‘I have no idea’.

Kara laughs along when Bart introduces the idea of spotting Atlanteans while snorkeling. “Probably find Kal keeping an eye on us, probably just ‘out for a swim’.” She makes air quotations with her fingers and giggles along with her friend. Although she is sure their leader has more faith in them than that, she still cannot say that she would be wholly surprised.

She frowns sympathetically at Bart’s hungry whine and the growl in his stomach. She just nods and a light smile returns. “We can’t have that.” Kara would never be able to sleep with Bart’s stomach growling in the next room, she thinks. Not to mention the hunger whining. She smirks to herself but does not reveal the inside joke she has with herself.

She had smelled the food long before Bart did; it makes her feel like some sort of bloodhound, which is not altogether faltering a thought. Yet the moment Bart does you know it. He becomes energized like a runner when they see the finish line just ahead, as though just the aroma of food has some sort of capacity to fuel him. Kara keeps an eye on where her friend is going as he jogs backwards in front of her, not wanting him to run into anything or anyone while so thoroughly and evidently distracted.

“Plenty, I’m sure,” she replies, seeing little benefit to sugar coating it. “But maybe we can sit somewhere less conspicuous. If you’re worried about it.” She is under no illusion as to how much a speedster eats. She has seen Bart eat, as well as witnessing Barry and Wally tuck in just for adding confirmation. It does not bother her, yet it weirds some of the regulars out. “You can have my seconds,” Kara offers.

PMEmailAIM
^
Impulse
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 11:57 PM
Impulse
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
faction
post count
N/A

For Supergirl
318 Words
"Do you think?" He says at the idea of Kaldur swimming casually near the boat. He could see the atlantean coming up with a believable story to, straight faced and all and Bart.. Well, Bart was actually beginning to hope it would happen. Though as much as he wanted to rush to a railing and look, food was far more important.

Upon entering the dining room, there was some food set out, however, there wasn't much. The chicken Bart had smelled was hiding in the kitchen. What was set out was rolls, chips, some wrapped up something or other, and even some sushi. Bart grabbed a couple of rolls, stuffing one into his mouth. The other still in his hand while he casually made his way to a plump little woman who looked like she worked in the kitchen.

Intercepting her, Bart gave a charming grin and in his best way, he said.. "What does a spe- Special person like me have to do to get some of the chicken that's back there?" He asks, taking a bite of the remaining roll in his hands. The lady furrows her brow and promptly informs him that the chicken is for the breakfast meal, it that he must wait, but there are other finger foods he can help himself to.

Bart dramatically pouts. "But ya see, I need more protein than what is here. And you're really teasing me with that lovely smell. Just one breast is all I need, or a leg, I'll take either." He pleads, but the lady doesn't fall for it, she simply says now before spinning around and walks back into the kitchen.

Bart turns back to Kara, throwing his hands in the air. "Did ya see that?? She's trying to kill me, holding out food on me like that." He says, shoving yet another roll into his mouth and trying to talk around it.
thanks alex
^
Kara Zor-El2
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 12:20 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
17 years old
occupation
Student/Hero
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Team

Kara is of a mixed opinion on the idea of Kal showing up to keep an eye on them. She would like to think that they are trustworthy and responsible enough. She would hope they have proven themselves in the field so as to be entrusted with this mission. At the same time, what she does not want to show, is that she is a little nervous. It is just the two of them right now and with the chance of the comma going out they could be very much alone to call the shots.

It is a little scary. Kara is trying not to think about it and she definitely does not want her doubts to show. She is the cousin of Superman, after all. Big boots to fill.

So she grins and laughs with a shrug. “I don’t know? I think Kal trusts us but you know him better than I do.” It just would not surprise her is all.

They make it to the dining room and Kara looks around at the tables covered in white table cloths. There are baskets of bread, bowls of chips, and plates of sushi. The breakfast on the menu (that they smell) had not been put out yet. The blonde sits in one of the chairs while Bart tries to charm some chicken out of the woman.

Kara giggles a little as he is turned down, watching him come back as she munches on a chip. “I saw that,” she says, trying to look serious as she nods. She reaches out to pull him into a chair next to her. “Poor Brother,” she says, a combination of tease and sympathy as she pushes the chips toward him. “We will just wait here for breakfast to be served and you’ll have first dibs.”

Lah
PMEmailAIM
^
Impulse
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 11:11 AM
Impulse
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
faction
post count
N/A

Tag Supergirl
302 Words
Plopping in the chair, he slumps, his chin resting on his hand and he stares longingly at the kitchen. Wait. He's helped save the world and yet he has to wait! Of course, they didn't know he had saved the world, but that was beside the point. Bart eyes the chips Kara pushed towards him and for a moment, he considers throwing a fit. Not eating until he gets exactly what he wants. But he can't. No.. not when he was running on empty. He reached for a chip and crammed it into his mouth.

" Wonder how long it will take.." He says in a pouty tone, quickly shoving more chips into his mouth. He is not shy about eating, plus.. while there was no one else in the dining room.. he didn't have to worry about looking too weird or crazy. Bart idly munches away, still a look of disappointment on his face. He probably looked similar to a dog at the dinner table, staring his human companions down as if speaking directly to their mind, begging for food. Food. FOOD.

Bart stands up abruptly, the chair screeching across the floor. "Hello Bart!" He gently smacks his forehead with his palm, obviously mocking Me'gann. "I have super speed. I can get in and out of that kitchen before they can even blink!" He says with a quiet mischievous laughter. A loud sound interrupts his laugh though. It was a voice of the speaker system that ran through the whole boat. The voice is welcoming the passengers and telling them that breakfast will be served in the next couple of minutes, and that it would be wise to head toward the dining hall. If Bart was gonna do this.. he needed to do it now, otherwise others may catch sight of him!
thanks alex
^
Kara Zor-El2
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 08:56 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
17 years old
occupation
Student/Hero
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Team

She watches Bart as he looks dejected, disappointed, and hungry. And she believes he is hungry. Not just because he is a speedster makes it common knowledge and easy to deduce but Kara can hear his stomach growling. She cannot read his thoughts like M’gann but she can practically see the debate in his eyes, on his face: snack on chips or childish tantrum. “Eat, Bart,” she advises and smiles when he starting chomping on the proffered chips.

He pouts about the time it will take for breakfast to be served while she sits back in her chair, crossing one knee over the other. She shrugs and shakes her head. “Probably not long now.” Though she can understand how that would be dissatisfying for him. Time often crawls for her, as well, and it can be absolutely insane to deal with. Insane as in drives her crazy. She is just a little bit better at hiding mounting impatience; though it helps that she is not that hungry either.

Kara blinks in surprise when Bart is suddenly almost lunging up out of his seat with a revelation. She furrows her brow and tips her head in a scrutinizing manner when he outlines his apparent plan. “Uh…” The announcement over the intercom interrupts her for a brief moment. The speaker finishes speaking and Kara raises a hand. “Wouldn’t that be stealing? And not hard for anyone to figure out when they see you munching on chicken.”

Just how hungry is Bart? Now he might often think he is starving to death, but how many times has it been that dire without his stomach spurring him to be dramatic. Well...more dramatic than he already acts out as. Kara thinks that it probably would have been wise for her to think ahead about how to sustain this belly of Bart’s but it is a little too late now. Their mission is about disembark and neither of them can or should leave their post.

Lah
PMEmailAIM
^
Impulse
 Posted: May 11 2017, 11:56 AM
Impulse
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
faction
post count
N/A

Kara seems to question Bart's thoughts. Bart looks at her, surprise and confusion in his eyes. Obviously, he is trying to work something out in his brain. After a long pause he haunches over. "Wait.. So.. food isn't apart of the ticket price?" He asks.

Bart had no intention of stealing. He was a hero! heroes don't steal, no matter how bad the circumstances may be. He really thought the food and utilities were all tied into the package price. But suppose it made sense. "Awe man!" He throws his hands up and sits back in his chair slumping over in a hungry depression.

His chin resting on the table, his posture far from grace. He reaches to get some chips and shoves it in his mouth. "If zombies attacked now, I'd be totally useless. I'll become a zombie wanting to eat anything! Even.. BRAINS!" He says dramatically as some other people start finding tables. The calmness of the dinning room slowly fades away and is replace with chatter.

"When do you think they'll come anyways? The Zombies, I mean." He asks in a low voice. Was there a pattern to their attacks?
^
Kara Zor-El2
 Posted: Jul 23 2017, 10:25 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
17 years old
occupation
Student/Hero
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Team

She feels for Bart, she really really does, and she wishes that she could be of more help to him. Well, any help at all since all she seems to have done is thwart his efforts to get some much needed sustenance. She frowns as she watches him slump in absolute dejection, looking dispirited and downcast. Kara cannot think of anything else to do except to reach over and pet his head while his chin is resting on the table, hoping that some sort of comfort might pass through the action.

Kara cannot imagine what it must be like to be a speedster and need food all the time. Does it not get boring to have to eat like Bart does? Does not the action become redundant and food start to lose the interest you once had for it? Unless you love food that much. Is it somehow programmed into the genetic code to have some sort of overabundant appreciation for everything edible?

“You aren’t useless, Bart,” she assures him. And she is pretty certain, also, that they will not have to deal with zombies until they are out at sea, where there would be little help for the passengers. Well, any other time but now. Little do they - and by ‘they’ she means those responsible - know that two heroes are onboard, prepared to put a stop to whatever it is they are trying to accomplish.

Though the idea of having to stop a ravenous Bart from eating brains (if he can even be infected with whatever virus makes a zombie a...zombie) does not sound too appealing. It is definitely quite the task to stand between a speedster and what it wants to eat. At least she is fast enough.

Bart lowers his voice to talk ‘mission’ and Kara leans forward, crossing her arms and resting her chin on them so that she can be closer to her friend as they speak. Sure she can easily hear her partner, Kryptonian ears and all that, but he does not have super hearing like she does. “If I had to place my bets, I would say once we are out at sea and the dock is well out of sight. I imagine they do not want the ship within reach of help.”

(We can move things along if you are bored/have nothing to write. ^____^)

Lah
PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Static...
Crusader Citadel The Arrow ideal world Infinity Rising

Marquee...
After the Fall

Listed At...
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Candyland Couture Shadowplay GRAPHICS GAMES a resource community nerd listings Rockin Roleplay

skin by bonbon.