-Register your character account as First Name Last Name. No account should be all caps.-
-If you do not like this color scheme, we are going to be adding variants soon for you to choose from!-

Come One, Come All

Welcome to All Our Masks! We are an Alternate Universe DC-comics RPG, loosely based off the Young Justice comic and show. We accept canons and original characters and have a 223 Rating. No character or player will be left out, everyone will be RPed with. We try to offer and maintain flexibility for characters and storylines wherever possible in our canon characters and themes. So before you rule out a character, plot, twist, or anything else, please talk to an admin first! We would be happy to assist and work with you wherever we can.

If you have any questions, our C-box is open for guests. Or you are more than welcome to pop onto our guest-friendly Questions and Answers board. For easy navigation, see our Table of Contents thread (link located in the sidebar to your left) for a full list of our informational entries.

Current Months

March 2017
S M T W T F S
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -
April 2017
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 - - - - - -

RP Lovers

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Closed
New Poll

Point Break, [Tag: Superboy]
Marina Poseidonis
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 11:47 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Mars
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Heroes
N/A

M
ari had heard it once said that the best things in life are free and at this moment sitting on her surfboard alone in the middle of the ocean feeling the swell of waters and hearing the rolling thunder of the tides rising against a setting sun is not only the most zen like of moments for her, but it was also the most exciting.

A mere speck of yellow and blue she could be seen from shore a solitary form in and amongst the fierce bobbing waves. This area the waves were wilder, angrier and bigger. Looking behind her, Mari could see the rising tide approach like the back of a giant hydra or sea serpent the waters grew and arched rising to monumental heights and with each crash of the waves, it pushed and surged another set of rolling water, only bigger and stronger until it was she spotted the one she wanted to ride. Timing her moment just right she could feel the pulse of the tide, the swell and the change in currents as the dark blue water beneath her started to rise.

Immediately Mari kicked into gear, paddled like made with her arms to get the speed she needed. For most humans they could not paddle strong enough or fast enough to catch these giant waves and normally needing a sea-doo or jet ski to tow them onto the wave but Atlanteans were stronger, faster and in truth accustomed to riding the waves even without board. So this was no different, this felt more like home. She couldn't help the creep of a smile crease her lips as she anticipated the coming wave; all her problems, all her worries forgotten for the moment as she chased this wave and then she was off.

Like a dolphin carving the waters, Mari popped up on her surfboard as she caught the giant wave and surfed in. From a distance she would look a mere yellow dot manoeuvring through the large wave as it started to curl over her. The smell of the ocean spray was refreshing and the winds caught within the pipe caused her wet hair to flare like fire against the blue waters. Her fingers delicately splayed to touch the wall of the water as she was forced to crouch lower on her surfboard as the wave she was riding curled over her and the pipe closing in. Mari tucked in and picked up speed, crouched and tried to keep her line.

At this moment it was Atlantean against the forces of nature and in this domain, the ocean and the waves were angry gods. She needed to stay calm, keep to her line and not panic even as the water was curling ever closer causing her to crouch down even more to keep balance and remain centred. It was a race against time and mother nature as Mari felt the push of the raging surf behind her and just as the waves closed and curled into itself looking like it just might swallow the young surfer whole in the thick foam of ocean spray, Mari came racing out of the thick mist of ocean spray and foam her heart exploding from the adrenaline she could not help but scream out in elation from the rush before she sprung from her board and dove into the blue waters her surf board bobbing for a bit before she came back up for air and swam to shore.

Clutching her surfboard as she hit the shallows and stood up, Mari jogged the rest of the way to the beach her body heaving from the exhaustive effort and the thrill of the ride. She couldn't help the glow of satisfaction on her face as she beamed. All her problems of being trapped in a foreign world with no way back to her dimension was forgotten and for a moment, just a moment it was just her, the vast blue waters ahead or well it was that, until she spotted someone else on the beach approaching. She wasn't sure if he was just walking along the beach or if he was looking for a good place to catch some waves. Some people wore their surf gear beneath and came by the beach first to scope out the area before going back to grab their gear and Mari just assumed that was the case for the young man approaching.

"It's a good day to surf if you like the high waves, but further down the beach the waters are calmer if you'd rather." she helpfully advised.

TAG: Conner Kent
PM
^
Conner Kent
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 01:49 AM
Conner Kent
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
years old
occupation
hometown
faction
post count
N/A

tagged
words
outfit
Usual with swim trunks
notes
Cowabunga
credit
template by saska of rpg-d, caution, btn, gs, and shine. lyrics by krewella.
We are more than a team. We are a family. A family that watches each others backs, that picks each other up when we fall and if need be knock some sense into each other when we stray from the right path. So you better get used to us being here because we aren't going anywhere. Count on it, kid.
- - All that i have is family;;
February 6, 2017
Time: 6:32 am

Happy Harbor. It had been his first real home for the longest time, and then it had all been taken away from him because of the Light and the Reach. Now, it held some of the scars from that time, but for the most part the place looked as it had before that. Of course, it still wasn't Conner's home. Like most of the Team, he had left the place in the past and moved on to an actual apartment, which was what a normal person was supposed to do. Of course, he was far from what anyone considered normal.

Conner was a half-Kryptonian superhero who never aged because he was also a clone, his closest friends were Wolf and Sphere, who were waiting some distance away from where he currently was. After all, an oversized canine and an oddly designed motorcycle kind of put people in a nervous state unless there was trouble going on. Then, the pair were usually a sign of relief as they were always accompanying heroes into battle to protect people, but at their core they were just misfits like Conner was. It was being a misfit that had drawn him back to his former home.

Specifically, he had been drawn to the beach, which made sense given who he was here to talk to. Although, he wasn't sure how this conversation was going to go down. It wasn't like he knew this girl personally, but they already had much in common from what he had been told. To be fair, Conner didn't like to believe everything that he was told as there had been many times where some had led him astray by providing partial information, so first and foremost he was going to keep all opinions out of his head until he got to know this girl.

From first glance, he could tell that she certainly had a lot of courage as there weren't many people who would be out surfing on their own when faced which such waves, but more importantly he saw the resemblance of an old friend. Pushing this out of his mind, he knew all too well that having the same face didn't mean being the same, but he hoped that there was a piece of Tula in this girl. It would mean that there was a piece of something truly good, which would make it easier for him to trust what she said.

Continuing to watch her glide over the water with such grace, he debated swimming out there to greet her, but then he thought better of it. It would look fairly strange to just be swimming up to someone who was surfing, and since he didn't own a surfboard there was no way to make a plan to paddle out there. This just left him with the option to wait until she came closer to shore, which did happen after a few minutes of her cutting an arc on the wave until it eventually subsided into a temporary calm.

Walking toward her as she approached the beach, Conner contemplated what his opening remark was going to be, but just as he opened his mouth to speak she already said something about surfing. It made sense that she would assume he was here to get in the water, and in truth he was wearing swim trunks underneath his jeans. He had only done so in case this had turned out to be a bust of sorts, and Wolf had shown interest in running up and down the beach for some strange reason. He wasn't sure what Sphere would do, but they could bury her in sand which seemed like what people did.

Of course, such plans were done away with as she was in front of him, so they were definitely going to have some type of exchange. "Thanks for the tip, but I'm not really here for a beach day. My name is Conner Kent, and I believe we have a few mutual friends in common which is why I came here to talk to you about some things that we both have in common. If you don't mind." He wasn't sure if his words gave her any inclination as to half of what he was saying, but unzipping his coat to expose the red 'S' that he was trademarked with might give her a better clue.

^
Marina Poseidonis
 Posted: Apr 20 2017, 02:43 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Mars
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Heroes
N/A

S
he'd just sunk her surfboard into the sand and was in the process of ringing her hair of the extra water when a young man came walking up the beach. She mistook him for a surfer just scoping out the waves on this end of the beach. He certainly had the look of one or at least his physique could lend to the strength and stamina one needed to be out there riding the bigger surfs. So when he came within earshot of her Mari had greeted him with a friendly smile and helpful advice. Sure she had a strange feeling of familiarity, like she's known him before but Mari know she didn't and it was most likely the residual feelings of the 'Other's' memory that was stirring in her head.

Regardless Mari was still pleasant in her toe and greeting of the stranger. That was just the kind of person she was, helpful with a friendly disposition and maybe some might also say naive but Mari likes to think of it as seeing the good in people first. So a lone guy walking the beach Mari automatically assumes he's checking out the waves and naturally offers her advice. Of course she'd gotten it all wrong. The young man wasn't here for the waves, he was here for something entirely different and unexpected.

"Thanks for the tip, but I'm not really here for a beach day." the young man had started.

"Oh? What are you here for then?" she asked running through all the possibilities someone would be out here during this time and on the beach at Happy Harbor.

" My name is Conner Kent, and I believe we have a few mutual friends in common which is why I came here to talk to you about some things that we both have in common. If you don't mind." the young man had said before unzipping his coat to expose the red 'S' that he was trademarked with which gave Mari a better clue.

It did help or well at least the symbol stirred flashes of memories in her mind that she had to blink away and refocus. They weren't her memories they were the 'Other's'. Being an exact replica of another person had its drawbacks and fragmented images of memories and feelings of familiarity towards people she knows she's never met before was the most unsettling and confusing of things. It made her feel less of a real person and more of just a shade of someone else...not her.

"I-I recognize the symbol." she said with a smaller smile. "Or rather...'She' does."

Mari could already figure out by mutual friends Conner most likely meant Kahldur. Mari had run into Aqualad a bit ago and well she knew Kahldur or rather the 'Other One' did and by default then Mari knew him and she knew he was concerned for her. Naturally so as not to be all hovering he'd send someone else to check in on her; someone she could relate to, someone like her ... a clone.

Marina knew the history of the original Team, she and Lucious used to obsessively study them; fascinated by their histories and stories of heroism. And while she was touched that Kal would send someone to look in on her , it was bitter sweet as it drove home again the reality of not being seen as anything else but a clone. She wasn't a person she was just a replica and what better way to talk to someone than another replica...internally she sighed but externally she knew none of this was Conner's fault or problem and she was not going to drag him down because of it, no. She hid her feelings beneath a warm and inviting smile.

"It is nice to meet you Conner Kent. My name is Marina Poseidonis, but most people just call me Mari...or well the people back home did. But Mari or Marina works fine." she replied still keeping up that friendly smile as if she wasn't just talking about a home she can never return to and now trapped in a world that is full of reminders of the person she was carbon copy of and making her feel less of her own person.

"You said you wanted to talk to me?" Mari asked as she slicked her hair back against her head so as not to have wet tendrils of hair dangling as she looked up at the taller young man.

TAG: Conner Kent
PM
^
Conner Kent2
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 01:55 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Connor Kent
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Inactive
N/A

There was a flash of recognition on the girl's face and Conner hoped that was a good sign. While there was no reason for the shield to be a trigger they used in Marina, part of him couldn't help but flash back to Match and that would make anybody a little nervous. Hearing her say she that way made Conner furrow his brow just a little. So that was how she had made sense of it all; it made more sense to her to separate the memories she had from the first Aquagirl into another person inside her own mind.

Each clone he'd ever met dealt with the whole thing in completely different ways, it was almost interesting if it didn't start amping Conner up to being upset. Not at Marina of course, but the idea of anyone else needing to go through this kind of thing made Connor furious. He thought he'd worked hard to try and put the cloning at CADMUS on a permanent hold, but it seemed like big business had gotten in the way. CADMUS wasn't doing anything anymore, but the same people were doing the same things under a different name and logo. That kind of hair splitting made Conner want to spit nails.

"Just Conner is fine." Shoving his hands into his pockets, Conner realized that the easy part of this was over. He'd elected himself part of the 'Clone Club Welcoming Comity', now he actually needed to do the welcoming. Social skills were not his strong suit, until the last year and a half or so, Conner had always let M'gann take the lead on things like this, she loved people, where Conner could more often than not take or leave them. "Yeah.. I.. uh.. Conner cleared his throat before steeling his spine in a way that he didn't need to do before battle but he found himself needing to do before he held a conversation with someone, "Yeah. I wanted to kinda give you just a.. an extra friend who gets it, you know?"

Wow, Conner. Good job. A+.

"What I mean is, you don't have to be alone. There's enough clones around that any time you need someone who's been where you are, or is where you are. You've got us, cousin." The last word slipped out without his realizing it. But as XX was so fond of pointing out, in a way all the clone's were related to each other, even when their donors were all completely different. Why should they push each other away? Conner paused before shrugging a little, "I've considered starting a group text. But I don't want to encourage the people who've suggested we get Clone Club tee shirts."
PMEmail
^
Marina Poseidonis
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 02:41 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Mars
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Heroes
N/A

She nodded at his suggestion of just calling him Conner. "Alright, Conner." Mari replied. That worked, Mari thought to herself.

Mari watched as Conner put his hands into his pockets, he looked just about as uncomfortable as she did. "Yeah.. I.. uh.." Conner cleared his throat, "Yeah. I wanted to kinda give you just a.. an extra friend who gets it, you know?"

Mari smiled understanding completely. She also remembered him on her world and the Superboy there was just as taciturn and uncomfortable with casual conversation as this version seemed to be.

"What I mean is, you don't have to be alone. There's enough clones around that any time you need someone who's been where you are, or is where you are. You've got us, cousin.
"

Her smile faltered a little then at the notion of there being a lot of clones. Where Mari was from there weren't many. Cloning wasn't exactly legal and she was not supposed to be alive. "Where I am from there aren't many of us. We were... expendable."

"I've considered starting a group text. But I don't want to encourage the people who've suggested we get Clone Club tee shirts."

It was her turn to laugh now, full-fledged amused laughter at his joke as she leaned against her surfboard. "Throw in a fez and I'm in." Mari quipped. Unlike what most people would expect the clones to be; sullen and quiet, Mari was actually the opposite. She was chatty, vibrant, thoughtful and friendly, just like the young woman she was cloned after.

"I find the sounds of the rising tide and the swell of the ocean waves calming..." Mari said absently as her eyes looked out at the growing swell of waves. Deflection was also a subtly of hers.

"Do you surf Conner?"

Conner Kent
PM
^
Conner Kent2
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 11:07 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Connor Kent
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Inactive
N/A

"We were made to be expendable, but we're liberated now. Now we get to be treated like people. We are people." Conner himself - though he'd never say it this way - had worked damn hard to make that happen. Between himself and the Genomorphs and Roy... it was too much. They weren't slaves, they weren't weapons, they were people. Damnit they were going to be treated that way. That was why he was here. He wasn't much of a talker, but he'd unofficially made himself the New Clone Welcoming Committee. Most of them hadn't needed the help he had when the first members of the Team had gotten him out of CADMUS, but he had a lot of experiences that he could let himself relate to if someone needed it.

As her eyes resettled on the ocean, Conner wasn't fully surprised. Unless in the depths of a mission, Atlantians often became a little distracted by the water, especially the ocean. It was understandable, it was their home. He'd heard Kara talk about Krypton with such a heavy heart and the same level of distraction that it made Conner feel the loss of it as well., even having never set foot there in his life. He almost wished he could have that kind of draw; the closest thing he should be able to come to was a CADMUS pod, but being closed up like that gave him none of that sense of peace. Instead being locked up like that could send him into a panic.

Mount Justice. Mount Justice was his first home; but it was gone now. Blown up to keep Aqualad's cover, but that didn't mean he didn't miss it, miss the memories there. But it was gone, nothing but rubble.

Just like Krypton.

Looking up sharply at the question on if he surfed, Conner thought for a moment, trying to remember if he'd ever tried. No, he didn't think so. "No. But if you're going back out I have an idea." Placing his index and pinkie fingers in his mouth, Conner gave a sharp whistle for Sphere, who came rolling down to the beach still looking like his cycle. As Kon gestured to the water, she moved passed then both and shifted into something akin to a jet ski. Gesturing to the water in an offer, Conner walked forward, ditching his pants as he went, his swim trunks very quickly revealed having been under them. One of the things that some of the team had tried to teach him was modesty, but there were times that Conner just had a hard time grasping it especially in situations like this. Knowing Wolf would pad along behind if he wanted, Conner let Mari lead the way. As they went he was trying to keep the conversation going, trying to make sure that she didn't feel like she needed to hold back on anything.

"Is there anything you need?"
PMEmail
^
Marina Poseidonis
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 07:30 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Mars
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Heroes
N/A

"We were made to be expendable, but we're liberated now. Now we get to be treated like people. We are people." Conner had said his intentions well meaning but Mari wasn't so convinced. It was different for her after all. Conner was created to be someone, he was half Luthor and half Superman so he was still his own being without the hangups of another person's 'stuff' in his head. He wasn't living anyone else's life or memories he was just living his.

"It's different for you Conner. " Mari started, her voice polite in her disagreement. "You were created to 'Be' something. I was created to be 'Someone'. You are still your own person, and that's something I will never be." she explained not really sure if she was making sense of if he would even think it a valid concern of hers but it was a concern for her.

"I have someone else's memories, their likes , their dislikes, their dispositions and mannerisms, even my personality is 'Hers'. You were liberated the day you left Cadmus and free to be who you are and what you want to be...I'll never be free. I'll never be free of 'Her', free to be 'Me' because there is no Me....only Her." Mari shook her head as if trying to shake away this feeling of frustration, this lack of control.

Her eyes looked out at the ocean then with the rising of the tides and the swirl and crash of the waves. Instantly she deflected with a warm casual smile asking Conner if he surfed. She smiled even more broadly when he seemed to fall into her cover. A lot of people throughout her short lifespan thought Mari flighty because of her compunction to change topics as quickly as one took another breath, but that was always Mari's way of deflecting. Get the person talking about something else, about themselves and the spotlight then wasn't on her anymore.

Mari couldn't help but wonder if this tactic of deflection was instinctive because it was Tula's way or if it was something she developed all her own. It was hard to say when someone's mind occupied the same space as your own. It was the whole chicken and the egg question (which comes first) or that whole nature vs nurture conundrum.

So when her eyes fully rested on the ocean and she asked Conner in that near wistful almost homesick way about the water and if he liked to surf, she didn't fault him for thinking her distracted, that was the point of it after all; distraction. Only she really wasn't the one distracted so much as the one doing the distracting. Though the emotions she emoted were not fake at all, she loved the ocean and there was always that call to her. It was Mother, it was Life and she revered it as much as she longed for it. However out of spite of the person she was cloned after, Mari had decided to live more on the surface world with the 'Air breathers' and try to have a life of her own. Make a new home for herself, even if the call to her real home, Atlantis was always so strong.

Answering her question of him surfing Conner responded. "No. But if you're going back out I have an idea."

The next thing Mari knew Conner made a sharp whistling sound as Sphere came rolling down to the beach in her cycle form. As Conner gestured to the water, Sphere moved passed then both of them and Mari watched with awe and wonder as the machine shifted into something akin to a jet ski.

"Whoa!" Mari exclaimed in awe. "I didn't know she could do that." Mari of course knew about Sphere but mostly from what she'd read about the original Team and the knowledge that she had from Tula's memories but none of it had a reference of a Jet ski mode and well that was just plain Crash!

Gesturing to the water in an offer, Conner walked forward, ditching his pants as he went, Making Mari stop a moment agape though his swim trunks very quickly revealed having been under them. Mari had to giggle at the lack of warning on Conner's part as he stripped down but Atlanteans also did not have the same hang-ups as other surface dwellers had over their bodies and the nakedness or partial nakedness in this case was not anything that unsettled the young woman. It was more the fact that Conner seemed to lack that same modesty that Mari had grown accustomed to seeing with the surface dwellers that Mari found Conner's candor and relative 'freeness' rather refreshing. Besides if she had a body like that, she'd be stripping off without a care for modesty either...as if anyone could get offended by that physical display. Conner allowed her to lead the way and so Mari obliged.

As they went wading into the shallows towards the Sphere Jet ski Conner tried to keep the conversation going, and Mari really appreciated him trying to make sure that she didn't feel like she needed to hold back on anything.

"Is there anything you need?"

"A friend." Mari said simply. She and Luc were in a bad place in terms of their friendship. He despised clones and when he found out Mari was one she had lost her best friend in that blink of an eye. Nothing was the same anymore. Even her innocence of it all and not knowing she was a clone at the beginning didn't seem to persuade him any of her innocence. At the end of it all he hated clones and Mari...she was about as cloned as could be.

It was also hard being around Kaldhur even as he tried to show that he was not affected by who she represented she was a painful reminder of not just the love he lost but the loss of her life as well. As much as he tried to think of Mari as someone that wasn't Tula, Mari had too many similarities too many idiosyncrasies to not remind him constantly of who she was meant to replicate. Maybe that was why he had sent Conner to her instead of checking in on her himself. Mari didn't fault Kal or any of the team that found it hard to look at her. Mari sometimes found it hard to look herself in the mirror at times.

Conner though, while her memory of him was Tula's, Tula thankfully didn't have a real connection to Conner other than missions and the occasional Team get togethers. Their relationship was professional at best. At least Conner didn't look at her with pain, loss and sorrow or weirdly like she was some walking dead girl.

"It would just be nice to be around people that I am not hurting by just the mere sight of me or creeping them out..." she explained as their feet sloshed through the shallows as they walked, her surf board in her hands dragging at the bottom. "I don't like causing people pain and discomfort and I am one great big open wound for some. But you..."

"You and 'Her' weren't particularly close. She respected you but she kind of thought you were a bit odd..." Mari had to smirk as she looked up at the taller man, "Me, I like odd."

Maybe it was a bit out of rebellion for the memories in her head that weren't really hers, but she would try to like things that this body didn't if only to spite the very idea of what she was supposed to be.

"Sorry, that came out all wrong and probably sounded all sorts of creepy." Mari chuckled. "Let's just chalk it up to the social awkwardness of clone interactions."

As they got to Sphere Mari paused waiting for Conner and then Wolf if he was coming to get on. "But thanks Conner, for coming and checking in. I know you didn't have to and you don't owe me a thing so...thank you."

Looking Sphere over Mari had to appreciate complicated machinery that it was. "Have you ever towed before?" Mari asked Conner as she hooked up the tow to Sphere.

Conner Kent
NOTES: example of towing that Mari is asking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RKZ6V2xs3E]LINK
PM
^
Conner Kent2
 Posted: Jul 31 2017, 11:34 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Connor Kent
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Inactive
N/A

The concerns she was voicing struck a cord with Conner, while he didn't have any of Superman's memories or anything like that, his own feelings of inadequacy, of not having a place mirrored the things she was talking about. Not the same, but still a bit of a reflection. He was made as a replacement, as a half-assed copy, the forgery to the Van Gogh. Never quite as good. And everybody had loved to throw that little fact in his face.

But still, for a little bit, he let her just be distracted by the water and the waves. Conner had the look of a proud parent on his face as Mari's awed reaction as he actually beamed as Sphere as she hit the water. "She can do a little bit of everything if she knows what you're looking for." he offered, tossing his shirt and jeans into a water-tight compartment. Half seated on the side of Sphere, he unlaced his boots and stowed them and his socks in the same compartment before fully wading out into the water to give her a proud pat on the seat.

That was a simple need, one that again Conner understood all too well. He'd needed friends. Robin (at the time), Wally and Kaldur were great, they'd tried hard to be his friend, but like with most teenage boys, they weren't exactly always on with the compassion, and Conner had needed a gentle hand at first until he got used to things, it was one of the things that bonded him to M'gann so hard. There wasn't anyone he knew more compassionate and understanding, at least most of the time.

"No, I knew Tula, but only in the loosest sense. We didn't interact all that much." Conner shook his head in agreement, then gave a small bark of a laugh, "You don't have to worry. I remember my... adjustment period and it was.... a lot worse than that." He could laugh about it now, but it actually hurt Conner a little to remember how terrified he was of nearly everything. While he had a knowledge of what things were thanks to the genomorphs, as Dick had inferred once upon a time, knowing about something wasn't the same as knowing it.

He'd spent the better part of his first week at the Mountain trying to sleep in the closet in his room because that was the only way he'd ever slept was upright in a tube. Not that Conner had even really understood the need to sleep because he'd never actually been awake before. The whole thing was just a nightmare.

At the sound of her gratitude, Conner shook his head and shrugged off her thanks with a 'don't mention it' mutter. He didn't want to be thanked for this, recognition of doing things like this put him on edge and made him uncomfortable. He never knew how to react the right way. Instead he was glad when she started hooking up a cable to the back of the Ski,

"I will once you teach me." he offered with a wink. He wanted to spend a bit more time with Mari, see if he couldn't find more proof of the theory that he was starting to develop.
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Static...
Crusader Citadel The Arrow ideal world Infinity Rising

Marquee...
After the Fall

Listed At...
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Candyland Couture Shadowplay GRAPHICS GAMES a resource community nerd listings Rockin Roleplay

skin by bonbon.