-Register your character account as First Name Last Name. No account should be all caps.-
-If you do not like this color scheme, we are going to be adding variants soon for you to choose from!-

Come One, Come All

Welcome to All Our Masks! We are an Alternate Universe DC-comics RPG, loosely based off the Young Justice comic and show. We accept canons and original characters and have a 223 Rating. No character or player will be left out, everyone will be RPed with. We try to offer and maintain flexibility for characters and storylines wherever possible in our canon characters and themes. So before you rule out a character, plot, twist, or anything else, please talk to an admin first! We would be happy to assist and work with you wherever we can.

If you have any questions, our C-box is open for guests. Or you are more than welcome to pop onto our guest-friendly Questions and Answers board. For easy navigation, see our Table of Contents thread (link located in the sidebar to your left) for a full list of our informational entries.

Current Months

March 2017
S M T W T F S
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -
April 2017
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 - - - - - -

RP Lovers

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply
New Poll

A Blast From the Future?, Tag: Lucius West/Risk
Westen Walker
 Posted: Dec 12 2017, 08:49 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Symmetricity
14 years old
occupation
Student
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Civilians
N/A

15 April 2017

Gateway City. His parents had insisted that he accompany them on a business trip here. Seriously, who does a business trip on the weekend?. He could have been at home (the Academy) playing games or something! Westen grumbled about it but, ultimately, he soldiered on - like he always did. It was also somewhat exciting since it meant spending time with his parents!

Of course, that illusion of familial paradise was dashed against the floor when they arrived. They had only brought Westen along because the person they were meeting with also had a teenage son, slightly older than Westen, and they needed him entertained while the adults were doing business. An attractive blonde boy with a wicked attitude.

Westen felt conflicted about him. The boy had a horrible nature - cruel and unfeeling - but there was something about him. He couldn't quite put his finger on it - or at least, that's what he told himself. It brought about uncomfortable feelings. Eventually, Westen resolved to not dwell on it. Best not to think about those things, right?

His job done with two days left in town, Westen's parents foisted him upon Jasmin. Now this, this he didn't mind. The two went sightseeing around town - they visited the museum where all the Greek artifacts are kept, went to the roof of the tallest tower (where Westen nearly vomited from vertigo), and then went shopping. Westen, graced with the gift of his parent's credit card, spent most of the money on Jasmin - buying very little for himself. He didn't want for anything. As they were shopping, Westen considered whether he should buy Damian something. But what should he get him? Decisions, decisions.

It was during this shopping trip that Westen got separated from Jasmin. Well, not precisely separated. Jasmin had stopped to look into a shop window while Westen, distracted by a tour guide pamphlet of the city, continued walking.

So it was that Westen Walker, as his name implied, walked straight out into traffic without looking both ways. The boy stepped right into the path of a city bus, giving the driver no time to slow or swerve to avoid the unfortunate teenager.

Lucius West
PM
^
Lucius West
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 08:21 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
16 years old
occupation
Hero
hometown
??
faction
post count
Independent Heroes
N/A

Like a Bullet Train !
Feet can't keep on the ground, Can't stay in one place, Keep moving like a bullet train...Moving like the speed of sound, Feet can't keep on the ground, Can't stay in one place, Keep moving like a bullet train....'Cause I can't stop time, You keep blurring in my mind, And space is undefined, These tracks left behind, We can't stay the same, Can't stop this train, I can't find the breaks, On this bullet train

Tourists…and that is all Luc is going to say on that subject…

Although on the fact that some stupid kid was paying way too much attention to that pamphlet of his and not enough on the street - that apparently it is more important that his safety or life - he has quite a few words! What was this blonde doofus thinking!? If it were not for a remarkable coincidence that Luc happens to be right there at the time, the Tourist Jr. would be a bloody pancake, pasted to the front of that bus. With a little bit of him painted here and there on the sidewalk and street. It is truly a stroke of luck, which feels ironic considering Luc deals in the bad kind of fortune rather than that good.

Luc races across the street, his speed generating crimson lightning, and around ‘moving’ vehicles. Wrapping his arms around the kid (who really is not much younger than him), he practically lifts him off his feet as he transports him back to the safety of the sidewalk. When they come to a stop, the bus drive is still laying on the horn, his face widened in panic. The last bits of energy crackle off into the air and Luc turns a scolding eye on the other kid as he lifts his goggles up onto his forehead.

“Dead. You’re dead. You walked in front of a bus, stupid!” Clearly the other teen is not dead; he was saved by the teenager hero in purple and black, gold accented suit. He adjusts his leather jacket and huffs, relaxing as he looks the civilian up and down. “You’re good? Not hurt?” Risk knows his bedside manner sucks. And his attitude. And his people skills are sorely lacking. It does not mean he does not care. If he did not care he would not be doing this.

He tries to be more like his other family members, like Barry and Wally. He tries to smile and be cheerful, friendly, open, welcoming, everything that they are. Yet it really is just pretend. Luc cannot allow himself to feel the emotions he expresses and it makes him feel fake. Still, no matter what he tries to do he feels like a fraud.

“You really need to watch where you’re going,” he advises with a sigh.

TAG:WESTEN WALKERWORDS: XX ● NOTES: ------

CREDIT TO UNWRAPPED ?! OF CAUTION 2.0

Symmetricity
PMEmail
^
Westen Walker
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 08:42 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Symmetricity
14 years old
occupation
Student
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Civilians
N/A

Westen was not entirely sure what happened. One moment he was walking on the road, and somebody was honking their horn (why?), the next he was back on the sidewalk. And feeling a little queasy and dizzy. His arms had been squished against his chest by the manhandling of the speedster, and so the space he'd been looking at previously filled by the pamphlet was now occupied by purple and black.

Westen's face went pale as he felt his stomach begin to rebel, so he brought his hand up to his mouth in an attempt to hold off the potential onslaught of lunch version 2. So distracted was he by this that the boy missed the first word - but he definitely caught the next two.

You're dead.

What? Westen's eyes went wide, turned now upon the superhero scolding him on the sidewalk. Had he walked in front of a bus? Westen looked over the shoulder of his saviour, catching the tail end of the bus as it trundled out of sight. Oh! Oh... Apparently, Westen had almost ended up as Westen Pancake.

He drew in a breath to steady his now rapidly (compared to normal humans) heart and slowly shook his head. "Yeah. I think so." His knees wobbled as the shock of the situation set in. He'd almost died. Oh god. What would his parents have thought? Poor Jasmin.

Speaking of, the Swiss nanny had looked around at the sound of the horn and caught the tail end - seeing only that Westen was on the sidewalk with a 'man' in a suit. She ran up to them, "Westen! Are you alright?" The woman cast a suspicious eye over the man in purple and black.

"Yes, Jasmin. I'm fine. This guy saved me! I got saved by The Flash! Though, that's a new suit. I like it though. It looks cool. Nice colours. Hey, are the goggles, so you don't get bugs in your eyes? What about swallowing one though?" Yep, Westen's mind had finally caught up, and the risk of vomit had subsided. Now he had something really cool to investigate.

Lucius West
PM
^
Lucius West
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 08:29 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
16 years old
occupation
Hero
hometown
??
faction
post count
Independent Heroes
N/A

Like a Bullet Train !
Feet can't keep on the ground, Can't stay in one place, Keep moving like a bullet train...Moving like the speed of sound, Feet can't keep on the ground, Can't stay in one place, Keep moving like a bullet train....'Cause I can't stop time, You keep blurring in my mind, And space is undefined, These tracks left behind, We can't stay the same, Can't stop this train, I can't find the breaks, On this bullet train

The kid is definitely surprised by the sudden shift, looking a little disoriented by the burst of speed that had gotten him from the street to the sidewalk. Understandable. A normal human’s brain is not wired to process the speed of a speedster. Yet the boy’s moment of queasiness does not save him from getting a bit of a tongue lashing from Risk. Perhaps it is a little bit harsh, but so is getting hit by a bus and if anything hopefully this will teach him to pay attention to where he is walking.

It becomes apparent that the situation (the almost situation) is starting to sink in; too slowly for Risk’s liking but everything moves at a snail’s pace to a speedster. And as it does, his nerves set him to wobbling. Instinctively he reaches out to place a steadying hand on the kid’s shoulder. It would not do if Risk just let him fall over, would it? “Good. Just watch where you are going from now on.”

The woman that the kid was with comes hurrying up to check out the situation. She looks suspiciously at Risk who levels her with an unintimidated look of his own. Hey, he is not the one in the wrong here. It is not like he pushed the kid in front of that bus. The very, very opposite, actually. There is no reason for her to look at him as if he had done something wrong. Maybe she prefered the kid to be a pancake. Sheesh.

He is distracted by the boy’s answer, blinking rapidly as he receives a round of questions that might do a speedster proud. “Um...not the Flash. Name is Risk,” he corrects, sounding almost apologetic. “Thanks I guess,” he answers about the colors. “Bugs...debris. I try to keep my mouth shut when running.” Cannot say he has not swallowed more than his fair share of bugs, though.

TAG:WESTENWORDS: XX ● NOTES: ------

Symmetricity
PMEmail
^
Westen Walker
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 09:13 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Symmetricity
14 years old
occupation
Student
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Civilians
N/A

The hand on his shoulder was appreciated - it certainly helped keep him from tipping sideways. After all, he'd almost just died! His body was still trying to process that and was overreacting to a degree. "Oh, I will. I promise. It's just there are so many cool things in this city, and I just couldn't help myself, and I'm sorry."

He bit off his deluge with an embarrassed smile, looking away from this hero - a hero! - who'd saved his life. This was so cool. Damian would never believe him. Or even if he did, he'd probably say that the hero was an idiot or something. That was just Damian though! The thought rushed through his mind like the speedster running across the street, and he grinned at it.

Jasmin, on the other hand, was still trying to process everything. He'd almost gotten hit by a bus? Oh god. The poor boy. Was he alright? She reached out to turn Westen around on the spot, looking for any injuries the boy might have sustained.

Westen, having been subjected to this many times before, just went with it. In fact, he started talking as he was being spun around like a dancer, "Risk! That's so cool. Awesome name. And yeah, debris and stuff! I suppose you get into danger a lot?"

Satisfied that the boy was alright, Jasmine stepped back - though still kept an eye on the speedster. It was part of her job to be suspicious of strange men around her charge - even if she thought that this 'man' probably wasn't that old. Couldn't quite tell through the mask.

"Do you know the Flash? What about Superman? Ooh, the Batman! I'm from Gotham, you know, where the Batman lives! Oh, I'm so rude!" He offered an apologetic look to Jasmine, who just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest. Westen offered his hand to the man who'd saved his life, "Hi, I'm Westen! Westen Walker." As if the last name mattered - his parents seemed to think so, so pummelled it into his brain that he should make it clear that he was a Walker. "What can I do to repay you? Ooh, do you want me to buy you something? I mean, I don't know, what would a superhero want?"

Lucius West
PM
^
Lucius West
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:50 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
16 years old
occupation
Hero
hometown
??
faction
post count
Independent Heroes
N/A

Like a Bullet Train !

Luc sighs when the kid apologizes again. It is not as though this is not something the speedster does all the time, volunteering to help people, so there is no need to apologize. If that makes sense. But even the Flash cannot be everywhere at once to keep people safe and Risk is far from being as fast or as great as the Scarlet Speedster. So if people could just be a little more careful to keep themselves out of situations that could easily be avoided with more awareness of their surroundings then that would be great. Then he could focus more on stopping bad guys and less time worrying about tourists getting squished by city buses.

But at least there were no human pancakes today. And the gratitude is welcome compared to some of the responses he has received..

The clear suspicion of the lady with the other teen, however, is not so much appreciated. And is not unlike some of the rude reactions he has gotten. Thankfully her attention quickly shifts to the boy in her charge in order to make sure he had not sustained any injury. And Risk is quiet so as not to draw that focus back to himself. In fact, the sooner he gets away from this situation the better. The social interaction part of this gig is not his thing and it is exhausting keeping it going.

The almost-pancake, though, seems completely recovered from his near death experience as he chatters on excitedly. His enthusiasm could almost rival Bart’s and he could only imagine the run for his money he would give his cousin if he were indeed a speedster. Is he cool, though? He supposes from a civilian’s standpoint. “Thanks,” he manages to slip in as his choice of codename is complimented. “Well...danger kind of comes with the job,” he replies, not bothering to explain that is not why he chose the name.

He is not surprised when he gets bombarded with the inevitable ‘do you know..?’s. “Yes. Yes. Yes.” He answers each inquiry that comes at him and then looks at the hand that is offered to him. Touching is so...awkward. A handshake seems so commonplace that you would think that it would be simple, but it always feels so weird to Luc. Still, he is playing a part and to avoid the contact would be out of character. So he accepts the hand lightly. “Nice to meet you…” he starts with the polite formality until he gets to the name, whence he pauses before also repeating it. “Westen Walker.” Hopefully it would be mistaken for him mulling the name over.

Westen Walker. The same Westen Walker who happens to fall in with the League of Assassins. The Westen Walker of the League of Assassins who is also on of Ra’s al Ghul’s most trusted associates? A right hand man, you might even say. Shit. How did he not see it before? He always expects that the people he meets, those who are significant in his lapse of time will be different yet he could not have anticipated Westen Walker being so...naive and...innocent. Is it an act? And how many times is he going to repeat the name Westen Walker in his own head?

He nearly completely misses the offer Westen makes and he takes his hand back. “No. Thanks. No repayment necessary.” It is not why he (or any hero that he knows) does this. They are not out looking for a reward. They are just doing what any decent person would do and a little more, sometimes. “But I have to get going. Have a prior engagement. You take it easy and watch where you are going next time.” He gives a salute that he thinks mirrors Flash or Impulse or Kid Flash’s perky, carefree, friendly mannerism and then zips out of sight.

Just out of sight, from where he can glance out from hiding and still take note of Westen. He is in Gateway City and he still does not know what sort of person he really is. And he is not sure it is entirely safe to be just...letting the Westen Walker roam the place he has called home for the past couple months.

Symmetricity
PMEmail
^
Westen Walker
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 10:14 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Symmetricity
14 years old
occupation
Student
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Civilians
N/A

Despite her suspicion, Jasmin stayed back and let Westen do what Westen did best - be sweet and naive. Her job was trying - trying to keep the boy safe while he went out of his way to help untrustworthy looking people, or almost get hit by a bus. Honestly, the only reason Westen had survived this long was because of her. As far as she was concerned though? It was worth it. So she continued to watch 'Risk' closely but made no move to interfere.

"Yeah, you're right! You must always be in danger, zooming around the place. But you can move so fast, so it doesn't matter. Bad guys can't catch you! Zoom!" He paused to take a breath and looked like he was about to break into another slew of questions - but then held himself back. It was almost physically painful for the boy to not ask any more questions, but Risk indicated that he had to leave. "Oh! That's fine. It was nice to meet you! Wow, I get to say that a real hero saved me! That's really cool. Thank you! Good luck." Westen shadowboxed - some poor approximation of a punch, "Take down those bad guys!"

He waved as Risk ran off, smiling widely. He didn't even notice the odd behaviour after Risk repeated his name. Didn't even register.

Westen turned to Jasmin and grinned widely, "I got to meet a superhero! How cool is that! Damian's never going to believe me!" She gave him a withering stare, and he looked down at his feet, "I'm sorry! I'll look where I'm going. But...it was cool, right? I was on the street then WHOOSH I was here!" He laughed, then started walking along with Jasmin.

The boy and Jasmin travelled the city, mostly doing sightseeing, occasionally shopping. At one point Westen ran up to a hotdog stand and bought a handful of hotdogs, then handed them to homeless people as they walked by. Then he got distracted by a video game arcade and ran in to play a dancing game. He was terrible at it, but he didn't let it get in his way!

Finally, exhausted, Jasmin convinced him that they should start looking at heading back to their hotel. Westen countered that they should get food first - and so they headed off to find something to eat for themselves, hotdogs expended.

Lucius West
PM
^
Lucius West
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 07:13 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
16 years old
occupation
Hero
hometown
??
faction
post count
Independent Heroes
N/A

Like a Bullet Train !

The kid seems naive enough, but that only bothers Luc all the more. He is not about to overrule any chance of deception. He does not recall exactly when Westen had become involved with the League of Shadows, so he cannot really be sure if he is not just employing some ruse. The younger teen’s act, however, does seem a little over the top yet he would also not be counting on running into someone who actually knows what the guy has been up to. Truly, Luc cannot get his suspicions and this wary feeling out of the way until he knows for certain.

After changing into his civilian clothes, he followed behind the odd pair as they made their way through the city. He made sure to stay well back and as out of their line of sight as possible. If they noticed him once it might seem plenty innocent yet that would only given him away down the road if they were to spot him a second time. It would just serve him better if they did not see him at all, not until Luc wants to be seen that is.

He pulls his yellow beanie down tighter on his head to guard against losing it, deciding that it is about time that he stop this following thing. He is getting bored of it, for one thing, and for another he is not learning much at all this way. There is a greater risk of discovery by interacting with him, still Luc things himself crafty enough to pull it off. He has an idea and while some might find it toeing some sort of invisible line Luc thinks it ingenious in an unassuming kind of way. He just has to be quick, which even for him is easy.

A slip through the crowd, he swipes an item out of the woman’s - Jasmine’s - purse before going around to set himself up on an intercept course from the opposite side of the road. He walks across the crosswalk when the light turns green, trotting up onto the corner with his hands stuffed in his jacket, grasping the object in his hand, while the duo past. A couple second after he moves in behind them, stooping as if to pick something up that had been dropped, though it is in fact already in his hand. “Ma’am,” he calls. “You dropped this.”

Symmetricity
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Static...
Crusader Citadel The Arrow ideal world Infinity Rising

Marquee...
After the Fall

Listed At...
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Candyland Couture Shadowplay GRAPHICS GAMES a resource community nerd listings Rockin Roleplay

skin by bonbon.