-Register your character account as First Name Last Name. No account should be all caps.-
-If you do not like this color scheme, we are going to be adding variants soon for you to choose from!-

Come One, Come All

Welcome to All Our Masks! We are an Alternate Universe DC-comics RPG, loosely based off the Young Justice comic and show. We accept canons and original characters and have a 223 Rating. No character or player will be left out, everyone will be RPed with. We try to offer and maintain flexibility for characters and storylines wherever possible in our canon characters and themes. So before you rule out a character, plot, twist, or anything else, please talk to an admin first! We would be happy to assist and work with you wherever we can.

If you have any questions, our C-box is open for guests. Or you are more than welcome to pop onto our guest-friendly Questions and Answers board. For easy navigation, see our Table of Contents thread (link located in the sidebar to your left) for a full list of our informational entries.

Current Months

March 2017
S M T W T F S
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -
April 2017
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 - - - - - -

RP Lovers

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Add Reply
New Poll

Who Needs Who? (Sinestro)
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:01 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

I tried to find my reflection on the glass, but all I ever saw were the things I lacked

Lynette has a problem, a problem with ignoring her instincts and every ounce of logic and good sense they throw at her. She makes bad decisions. Really terrible ones, actually. Things tend to fall apart pretty quickly and then she goes on to forget her mistakes and what she learned from them. In her defense, she is young. And at the time they seem like great ideas and her heart is in the right place so things should work out. What could possibly go wrong? That is not how things work for her and why she has not realized this yet is arguably linked to her genes, particularly the paternal side.

Well, in this case that allegation is true for more reason than just her inherited inclination to rash, impulsive, poor decisions and stubborn pride.

She had saved them. When Hal’s ring failed, Lyn had stepped in and she got to be the hero. Yet, that is not how her father saw it. He took one look at her and all he saw was a villain…

“What...have...you...done?!” he had shouted at her

“I saved us! I’m a hero. Like you!” she had argued back, hoping that this time he would see it, that he would understand and be proud of her. He shattered all of that, however, with a single expression and trampled her heart with the words that followed.

No! You’re not! You’re just as bad as him!”

She had wanted to be strong, she wanted to show that she was tough and that no matter what he said she did not give a hoot what he thought because she believed in herself. Still the tears came without her consent anyway, welling up in her big brown eyes that looked at him with a crushed, dejected despair. Her mouth opened to shout back in dispute but her lip wobbled and all she could do was...run...run away. Again.

If you want something bad enough you can make it work, her parents always told her that. And she wants this. Lyn wants to be a hero, like her parents, and this ring will let her do that. It gives her the power to keep everyone she loves safe, to protect them. Hal does not think she can do this. Lyn knows she can be a hero...she can be...if he would just trust her! The only issue she can see is that she has the power, but wielding it effectively is an entirely different matter. She needs someone to show her the ropes, she requires a teacher and that is how she is going to make this work, she has reasoned. Only there is no Yellow Corp without...Sinestro.

And that is how she has found herself on Oa - after she composed herself and after she dried her tears. If Hal did not approve of her ring, then he most certainly would not approve of what she is about to do now. And if she is caught here, full Yellow Lantern regalia, there is nothing he can do to help her. If he even wanted to, she is a villain to him, after all. So what does his expect her to do, what did he expect she would do? She has to prove him wrong.

She holds her breath as she floats down into the Power Battery chamber, breathing out as her boots touch the floor. In front of her the battery hums, its green light illuminating the room. She smudges her lips together nervously as she approaches the battery, the falls of her boots echoing quietly. Lynette can hear voices but they are a ways off. Her heart pounds in her chest, although she is not certain whether it is over the fear of being caught or what she is about to do. The last time she saw this man...it changed her life. What changes could his return facilitate?

The teenage girl raises her left hand as she steps forward, hesitates once before determining this is her only option; she cannot return home the way she is and she has to do something or he will never see her, love her. Her fingers clench, her brow furrows in concentration, and a glow of the ring on her finger flashes brightly into existence. There is no turning back now as the yellow energy presses aggressively against the green energy, opening a way through it. She extends her hand a little further, unfurls her fingers and reaches out. “Come on…” she urges. It is not as though they have all day.
tagged: Maddkitty (Sinestro!) // words: // credit: below the sun
PMEmail
^
Thaal Sinestro
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:27 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Maddkitty
N/A years old
occupation
Leader of Sinestro Corp
hometown
Where ever Hal is.
faction
post count
Members
A Friend! I am your only friend, Hal Jordan. Because I - alone - will prepare you for the life ahead of you. Remember that!

Meditation, the act of bringing yourself to a center in both mind and body. For a man locked away from the world there was little for him to do but meditate, or at least try to. Some days he could do it with ease other days he couldn't focus. Today was one of those days where he was unable to sit still. Which that alone annoyed him, he wasn't a fan of not being able to focus his own mind. Yet he knew deep down the real reason he couldn't focus. Something had changed, something was stirring, something was coming. Yet he didn't know if it was a good thing or something to worry about. So the magenta colored man paced between the nonexistent walls of his cell. Wondering just what the strange feeling was. It was something deep inside, something that he had felt a while back, something that meant another of his lanterns was around, but it was a different feeling it gave off. It wasn't any normal lantern, not one that he knew, yet it was also a familiar presence.
<br><br>
He stood at the entrance of the area around him. A small figure stood before him, he could feel the power of fear she had. Perhaps she was scared of the Green Lanterns, perhaps she was scared of the dark figure that stood on the other side of her, Perhaps she was scared of getting caught. It wasn't until her hand came through the area that he was able to see just about everything he needed to know at that very moment. She was a female, and she was a Yellow Lantern. She was the one who he had felt a while back, this was his new apprentice, this was his new partner, this was the comeback he waited for. This was his time to shine. The man gave a smirk before taking the small hand that was in front of him.
<br><br>
The man stepped out of the prison he was in, and the figure in front of him was a child. On the outside Sinestro showed no emotions towards her, but on the inside, he was wondering how such a young child could be wearing his symbol. How such a young kid could be standing in Oa with no one around to babysit her. The magenta man leaned his torso down towards her and walked around her. Something about her made him think, something about the way she looked, and how she stood, something about the guts she had screamed out HAL JORDAN in a very annoying tone. Perhaps this was one of his students turned on him, and that thought made him snort a chuckle.
<br><br>
"A mere child. I would think you were stupid for letting me out IF you weren't in my corp." He spoke in a very egotistical way. He knew it was only time before the Guardians and the Green Lanterns would be alerted to the area. "How about we take this to Sector 2814." He spoke as he took to the sky.

Miss Red
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 02:31 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

I tried to find my reflection on the glass, but all I ever saw were the things I lacked

She has come too far already and has risked so much already coming here. Lyn does not have any of the answers. She does not know how this is going to work out but it is too late to turn back now. So she reaches into the battery in search, in offer. Maybe there is a part of her that hopes that this will not work and that Sinestro will be left where he is. But if she was good at listening to her inner voices of reason she would not be here right now with a yellow ring on her left hand in enemy territory on Oa.

Her hand twitches slightly in initial response to her hand being taken before her fingers curl into a grasp. It is far too late now.

The convicted man (who had absolutely no hope of being released if she had not done so, mind you) steps free of his battery prison only to immediately snort in what she translates as patronizing humor. Lynette’s expression hardens as irritation and anger flares to life. And she glares defiantly, pressing her lips into a thin line and chin jutting forward slightly. She watches him cautiously as he circled her, sizing her up with judgmental eyes. It is so typical and yet it blows her mind that someone could be so pompous as to look a gift horse in the mouth.

But she has to place nice if she wants him to teach her how to use her ring. Nice...enough…

“This child got past a crap load of GLs to free your dumb butt after you got yourself stuck in there in the first place,” she points out, literally pointing with a jab of her finger towards the power battery as her other hand goes to her hip and the top half of her body leans forward. “And call me stupid one more time and I’ll hang you up for them to find so they can put you straight back!” Alright, so that was not very nice at all. Still, this guy has got to know who he is dealing with, that she is not afraid of him.

And she is not afraid of him! Right? R-Right...not even a little!

She crosses her arms and floats upward as he suggests them getting off Oa and back to Sector 2814. Getting off Oa sounds like a perfect idea while being back in Hal’s section of space sounds...foreboding. Is she regretting what she has done? Only time will tell, really. If it gets her what she wants then it is worth it. Or so she hopes. Sure it is not going to score points with dear dad now but wait until he sees how good of a hero she turns out to be. Then he will be sorry for the things he said…

“Sure, fine. But only cause I don’t want to be around when everyone figures out what is going on.”
tagged: Maddkitty (Sinestro!) // words: // credit: below the sun

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Static...
Crusader Citadel The Arrow ideal world Infinity Rising

Marquee...
After the Fall

Listed At...
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Candyland Couture Shadowplay GRAPHICS GAMES a resource community nerd listings Rockin Roleplay

skin by bonbon.