-Register your character account as First Name Last Name. No account should be all caps.-
-If you do not like this color scheme, we are going to be adding variants soon for you to choose from!-

Come One, Come All

Welcome to All Our Masks! We are an Alternate Universe DC-comics RPG, loosely based off the Young Justice comic and show. We accept canons and original characters and have a 223 Rating. No character or player will be left out, everyone will be RPed with. We try to offer and maintain flexibility for characters and storylines wherever possible in our canon characters and themes. So before you rule out a character, plot, twist, or anything else, please talk to an admin first! We would be happy to assist and work with you wherever we can.

If you have any questions, our C-box is open for guests. Or you are more than welcome to pop onto our guest-friendly Questions and Answers board. For easy navigation, see our Table of Contents thread (link located in the sidebar to your left) for a full list of our informational entries.

Current Months

March 2017
S M T W T F S
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -
April 2017
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 - - - - - -

RP Lovers

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Closed
New Poll

....and Puppy dogs tails, Tag: Damian
Talia Al Ghul
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 10:48 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Pherla
53 years old
occupation
COO of Lex Corp
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Light
N/A

For people like us, the world is the Gameboard and Nations are pawns.
I will raise my son to be the Master of the Earth
Feb 10th

Three days, Talia had arranged with the school to take Damain for three days to select his puppy, or perhaps more appropriately for the puppy to select him. Talia was prepared for Damian not to take to any of the offerings and if that happened...well she would return with him in a few months and see if his temperament had changed or if one of the new litters had one for him.

The old monastery boosted few creature comforts, yet they had been breeding and caring for the Mastiff’s for the Guild properties and families for centuries. Here at least Talia was treated as she viewed herself; a dowager princess. When she walked others made room, when she spoke the room listened without interruption, her commands were obeyed and she slid into that cloak of command without a ripple. Indeed this was a far more familiar state for her than the occasionally subservient meian she was forced to don.

”Three days-” She’d explained to her son, “One each for travel and one to choose.” Choose what she’d left vague only telling him that it was a gift, one that her own father had given to her as a child. The breeders knew what she was there for, leading the pair to the stove heated chamber where her chosen bitch had given birth four weeks before. The pups were only just ready to be weaned, and in deed Damian would have to let his chosen one suckle from a bottle for a day or so to help the process and cement the bond between them.

Six small fuzzy balls alternately nursed and played with each other on the fur rug near the stove, they were a hearty breed, but these first few weeks were curtail especially for those born in winter. A mix of brown, black and even a lone snow white puppy rolled around their Dam. two scented the new comers and moved closer to their mother, another pair never stopped playing with each other, and the last set seemed torn between coming closer and watching them.

Talia pressed her hand against Damian’s back giving him an encouraging little push into the room as she held back, watching him and the puppies reactions to each other.

You are learning.
NOTE:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNUNhQTRq98
PMEmail
^
Damian Wayne
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 10:57 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
13 years old
occupation
Student / Assassin
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Anti-Heroes
Don't patronize me or I'll break your face.

I Don't Need No Army
Because this fight is my own. But either stand up and join me Or surrender the throne
His mother had surprised him when yesterday she had been waiting outside the school after classes for him. Her sudden appearance caused an uprising of both great happiness and anxiety. It has been so long since they had seen each other face to face and he had missed his mother greatly, as any son would. Yet the chances that she is here on account of displeasing her with recent events, decisions, and moves he had made without her consultation…those are pretty high.

He feels a sickening dread when he approached her, a child who knows they had done something that broke the rules or their parent’s wishes and is anticipating the consequences. Still, when she was almost within reach he had rushed the last couple steps in order to cover the distance quicker. He wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug, an act that would seem uncharacteristic to any of the other students. The embrace well conveys ‘I missed you’.

Then she had ushered him into the vehicle that was waiting for him. Damian made eye contact with Drake just before he disappeared into the car; boy will he be busy with speculation. Not that Damian himself is getting much in the way of answers.

When asked where they are going, his mother only explains that they will be gone for three days and that he would be choosing...something. When he presses further the mystery remains except for a single clue. Whatever he is choosing is a gift. Damian had looked as baffled as he felt but he left it at that. He knows his mother well enough to realize that he will get nothing more.

But a gif? Is she not...angry with him? His mother is not the sort to be lax in her affairs. She stays well informed of her dealings and it would be foolish to conclude that she is unaware of what he has been up to here in Gotham. That only makes the situation more perplexing. If she were upset with him - which would be logical - then why a gift? Is this a test?

Damian is not sure how to bring the subject up, so it stews through the entirety of the travels. They arrive at the monastery without breaching the topic and he follows his mother dutifully.

They arrive at the warm room and Damian’s eyes widen slightly at the sight of the balls of fur. He controls the first impulse to approach the puppies immediately, still confused. “Mother?” he asks, looking to her for some sort of sign. He gets one when Talia pushes him inward and towards the little family of canines. Damian allows himself one small, secretive smile as he nears them.

He sits himself on the floor close to but not on top of the litter. He waits for one of the cautiously curious pups to approach him before reaching out to put his hand on it, burying his fingers into fur with each stroke. “I do not understand,” he voices then without glancing at Talia. What is the meaning to all this? His actions have been less than faithful to the League's directions, to her, and now...puppies? It has to be a test.
Pherla (Talia!)
hope this is okay! Damian muse felt a little rusty.
PMEmailAIM
^
Talia Al Ghul
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 02:23 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Pherla
53 years old
occupation
COO of Lex Corp
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Light
N/A

She had returned the embrace of her son willingly, he was of the very few people whom she would give genuine affection to freely.

Why? “To have something that you can love unconditionally, and that gives that back to you.” Talia crouched slightly behind Damian, “This is a great responsibility, for the first few months the pup will rely on you utterly, if you forget to feed him he will not eat, you must care for his fur meticulously or he can sicken with a chill. You must be strong enough to train him to obey your voice, to only attack when you order.” Talia rested her hand on Damian’s shoulder “and in return he will love you, guard you, hold your secrets against all. Protect you when you are hurt, defend you. Be your companion through all till the day he breathes his last.”

Talia met her child's eyes “In this world, in the League every word and action will be judged and weighed. Those that hold the burden need one creature they know will never betray them.” Talia brushed her hand over his cheek, “Growing up is hard haibbi, my father gave me my own as a child, he taught me that I could only rely on La-la, that she was mine to protect. When I failed a task we both were punished and so I learned not to fail and La-la was my constant companion.”

One of the pups had started to chew lightly on Damian’s boot; “these are the great grand children of my La-la. And if you both choose each other…” Talia brushed a hand over his hair, “There will be times when you are alone my son. Some have already happenEd-” Talia smiled softly, “I know I am a bit late, you have already found a canine companion, but this breed was made to guard and protect. I will not force you if you don't want one.”

“What do you think Damian?”
PMEmail
^
Damian Wayne
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 10:49 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
13 years old
occupation
Student / Assassin
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Anti-Heroes

I Don't Need No Army
Because this fight is my own. But either stand up and join me Or surrender the throne
Damian’s fingers continue to brush through the pup’s fur as his mother explains the responsibility involved in caring for the puppies and the weight that bears. Until the puppy gets distracted by one of its siblings, turning to pounce them and taking himself out of Damian’s reach. The boy looks up when Talia’s hand rests on his shoulder. “I can do that, Mother,” he assures firmly, his brow furrowing a little as he looks serious.

His corner of his mouth twitches up in the hint of a smile when she touches his cheek, but he pushes it back. Damian wants her to know that he understands the importance of what she is telling him, the consequences that he is in charge of. Despite that his decisions have been a little...askew...from the path she wants him on, Damian just wants to make his mother proud.

The boy’s attention is tugged at by the feel of the chew at his boot, causing him to break eye contact as he turns to look. He continues to listen but leans forward to collect the black pup up, pulling it into his lap. It struggles for a moment before giving up, staring up with something like indignance as he is rolled onto his back and help like a human infant. It throws its head and yap growls as Damian grabs playfully at its belly.

What does he think? There is so much going through his head right now. “I want one,” seems simple enough to pull from the mess. And he does. The rest of his concerns...they can wait. “How do I know if he chooses me?” he asks, staring down at the little pooch in his lap. He had taken Kalila as his own and she loves him now, as far as Damian can tell, but the boy is not sure that can be considered the two of them choosing each other. Not in the sense Talia speaks of.
Pherla (Talia!)
XXXXXX
PMEmailAIM
^
Talia Al Ghul
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 11:10 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Pherla
53 years old
occupation
COO of Lex Corp
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Light
N/A

“Look at them.” Talia crouched down sharp eyes watching each pup, “play with them, see if any...stand out.” The black one had already moved to secure its place, a brazen fearless little thing.

That had its benefits and downsides; “your rescue dog, can you control it? The pup you pick will be too small to defend itself for months yet.” Although it would be a lesson in of itself. A cruel one. But life was such.

Talia snagged a nippled bottle from a clever compartment under where the stove had been keeping it warm. “I know you are a Robin now.” It was obvious but needed to be put in the open.

“You will always be my son Damian. As long as I am your mother.” Talia handed the bottle to him, giving him the option of feeding the little back ball.

“The Guild and Robin cannot exist peacefully. Renouncing your ties will have repercussions for the rest of your life. But I-” Talia knelt in front of him, taking his face between her hands. “Will protect you my heart. As I protect your Father.” Brushing her thumbs over his cheekbones Talia gazed into the eyes that from the first moment she'd seen opened had known they were her Beloveds.

“Fight the Guild. But never fight me my son. Do you understand?.”
PMEmail
^
Damian Wayne
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 09:34 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
13 years old
occupation
Student / Assassin
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Anti-Heroes

I Don't Need No Army
Damian is looking at them, but he doubles his efforts to observe and see what it is that he needs to. Seeing is not so much the challenge as picking. There is the pressure of making the right choice, selecting the right puppy. Choosing is not just a matter of which is right for him, but if he is right for the pup; choosing poorly does not just affect him. He just nods and looks up to survey the others.

His mother speaks of Kalila and he nods. “Kalila has not shown me any signs of being unnecessarily aggressive.” She is protective as can be expected of a canine companion, but he has never seen his mutt to be aggressive towards other animals. Though she has never been tested as far as her ability to share has been concerned. How she will handle someone encroaching upon the attention that has up until now been all hers is to be seen.

Damian has confidence in the dog’s character, however. “She will learn and adapt.” She has certainly shown herself to be adaptable. And Damian would watch out for both of them.

His mother, he is aware, is too observant not to notice when he tenses the moment she brings up the Robin subject. He could not have deluded himself into thinking she would not be aware but despite his displays of confidence Damian is not always as self-assured as he makes himself out to be.

He takes the bottle and lowers his gaze in order to offer the nippled end to the pup in his arms. It accepts the invitation eagerly and suckles hungrily with the appetite of a growing baby. Damian might have cracked a smile if he were not preoccupied. He remains quiet, eyes on the pup until he raises his head at her touch.

He blinks and nods his head. “I understand, Mother,” he replies. The tip of his tongue sneaks out to lick his bottom lip and his eyelids flicker, feeling the conflict. “Are you disappointed in me, Mother?”
Pherla (Talia!)
XXXX

PMEmailAIM
^
Talia Al Ghul
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 04:17 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Pherla
53 years old
occupation
COO of Lex Corp
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Light
N/A

Disappointed? “Every child must stretch their wings my heart.” Talia kissed his forehead. “I believe in the fullness of time you and your Father will come to see the light. Understand that no matter how hard you try. Gotham is doomed, there is only one solution for her misery.” Talia smiled leaving it at that.

There was time.

The Lazarus pits meant that she would live for centuries like her Father, her son would see the world for what it was, damned and demented and needing to be cleansed. And when he did she would be be waiting for him.

Long elegant fingers drifted over the happy puppy's ears, “Are you happy in Gotham?” Talia sighed. “I wanted you to meet your Father but he is still...else where. Would you like to move to metropolis? Come stay with me?” She was asking, watching him. Her son had taken a step away from her, but Talia would not see him turn.
PMEmail
^
Damian Wayne
 Posted: Jun 15 2017, 01:20 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
13 years old
occupation
Student / Assassin
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Anti-Heroes

I Don't Need No Army
Damian closes his eyes at the feel of his mother’s kiss on his forehead. He once fully believed in words similarly spoken to him as he grew and learned - of doom and cleansing… - but now he does not know if he does. He is equally uncertain, however, if he believes everything that Grayson professes. Both sides of the coin require complete commitment and very little room for...interpretation. Damian is still unsure as to where he falls.

“Perhaps...Mother,” he states, despising the uncertainty that the open-ended word represents. He has never been so unsure in his life. He wants to make the right decision but right for who?

Happy in Gotham? “Sometimes,” he admits. He had never lied to his mother before. Not really, to his recollection. And it is true that his happiness has had its ups and down, corrupted by setbacks, frustrations, and general missteps or misunderstandings bound to occur when finding one’s way.

Living in Gotham has definitely presented its challenges; and when has Damian been known to shy away from a fight? Hah! Never?

“...tt..! Drake would consider that a victory,” he scoffs under his breath. There has been an obvious rivalry between the two boys which has become all the more evident since Damian had taken over the title of Robin. As far as any onlookers can conclude, the pair hates each other’s guts.

He looks up at her, his brow furrowed in disquieted question. “I would like the chance to continue with this venture,” he tells her before the boy’s eyes drop back down to the puppy. “Or...do you require my choice immediately?”
Pherla (Talia!)
I hope I am doing alright. Still getting used to their interactions.

PMEmailAIM
^
Talia Al Ghul
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 01:12 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Pherla
53 years old
occupation
COO of Lex Corp
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Light
N/A

Stubborn pride.

Talia smiles to see it, while it is not the best attribute to nurture there are far worse; and her son has a long road ahead of him where that stubbornness might yet serve a purpose.

“How do you feel about your Fathers wards?” She asked moving to the iron stove heating the room, from beneath it Talia opened a small compartment revealing a bottle filled with fortified milk.

Calmly handing it to her son, Talia knew that he'd already made the chlive of pup, he'd spent too long cuddling this one to accept another even if he did not realize it himself. “The first week you'll have to bottle feed her, slowly move to solid food and house break her.” The instructions fLowed absently from her, she was more curious as to his response.

“No Damian .” Talia crouched near him again, hand absently playing with the other pups that had come to investigate their sisters fate. “You have time to chose.”
PMEmail
^
Damian Wayne
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 11:20 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
13 years old
occupation
Student / Assassin
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Anti-Heroes

I Don't Need No Army
Ah, Grayson, Drake, and Todd. His hands play absently with the puppy’s ears, out of concentration rather than nervousness or uncertainty. “Well rounded group. Their skills are formidable but…” He pauses and looks at his mother, then realizing that is not what she had wanted to know.

“Grayson is aggravatingly optimistic, but he tries. Todd is similar to us in some ways,” or in other words the two of them are probably the most alike, “but I do not believe he cares for me all that much. Drake…” Damian openly rolls his eyes at the mention of the name. “He hates me and I find it difficult to restrain the urge to snap his neck.” So feelings are mutual.

He says it in a way that makes such ‘solutions’ sound natural, as if it is the most normal thing in the world. Well, maybe in their world. Still, the look on his face as he absentmindedly runs his hand down the pup’s side would seem to suggest that there is more on his mind. He is pondering what to say or how to say it. But Damian has never had to hide things from his mother. “Fitting in is...a lot harder than I anticipated.”

Damian takes the bottle and considers it while taking care to hear out the instructions. He nods his head and a smile ghosts over his face. “I will, Mother,” he promises and tickles the pads of her feet, watching her paws twitch in response. “I will take good care of her, I swear.” Damian looks up at Talia then, smiling, before maneuvering the pup as she squirms to reposition herself in his lap.

Damian does not find the need to choose to be all that pleasant. His mother and the League have always been the only thing he knew and it sits like a heavy rock of betrayal in his stomach to choose Gotham over her. At the same time, Damian feels compelled to fully explore the views and alternatives that have been shown him. It is a challenge, but he could not live with himself if he left feeling as though he had run from that. “Thank you, Mother.”

The pup attempts to chew on his hand and Damian bops her gently on the nose. “I have to name her,” he says aloud.
Pherla (Talia!)
*wince* That one hurt.
PMEmailAIM
^
Talia Al Ghul
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 11:15 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Pherla
53 years old
occupation
COO of Lex Corp
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Light
N/A

Talia inclined her head, “he was trained by us after his resurrection.” Well spotted, her tone praised him.

Drake… Talia pursed her lips thoughtfully, it would be interesting to uncover the reasons for his animosity, especially if it came to pass that it was more than simple resentment for the person who replaced him as Robin being of such a completely different moral code.

Talia brushes her hand over his shoulder, “You were never trained to ‘fit in’ with this class of people.” She offered the reasoning as more than an excuse. “As long as you do not give up or lose who you are there is no shame in taking the time needed to blend into what they need to see.”

Talia accepts his choice with a soft brush of lips over his forehead, “there is nothing you can do to lose my love for you my son. For as long as you hold me in your heart you shall be in mine.” She murmured the soft words, anathema for some in the league, and for who she would only say to three people in the world.

Moving back Talia nodded, “yes. You do.” Relaxing as much as the assassin ever did Talia let herself have this moment to enjoy watching her son be...just a child.
PMEmail
^
Damian Wayne
 Posted: Aug 17 2017, 10:12 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
13 years old
occupation
Student / Assassin
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Anti-Heroes

I Don't Need No Army
Damian feels a swirl of jealousy at his mother’s notes on Todd, particularly in the praise that is so evident in her tone of voice. It is not an altogether /familiar/ emotion, or at least it is not one he has experienced until most recently. And although he has strayed from the League and knows he has garnered disappointment there is a spike of /something/ at the thought that there is…. what? Competition? Todd cannot replace him, or so he tries to assure himself.

He says nothing, almost literally biting his tongue to prevent embarrassing himself with a string of words not entirely thought out. Still, he tenses and there is a Damian version of a pout on his face, twisted in consternation that he focuses down on the puppy in his arms.

And admitting that he feels...inadequate...after that thing with Todd (who is not much better off socially than he is, Damian would remind you) is not an easy thing to do. He does not know what he expects as a response, but what he gets is surprising - which probably has more to do with his expectations of himself. “What do they need to see, mother?” he asks sincerely, with a bitter and frustrated edge. Everyone seems to want something different out of him.

His eyes flick up to her as his mother kisses his forehead and he almost smiles. He flexes his jaw and there is a moment of hesitation as he ponders the words he /wants/ to say. “I…love you, Mother,” he says finally. The words are a bit stiff but the sentiment is genuine.

The focus shifts back to the puppy getting anxious and stir crazy in his arms. She sees her brothers and sisters playing and is eager to get in on that fun. Damian does not restrain her, rolling her back onto her large, pudgy-like puppy paws. He smirks when at the very moment she is on her feet she pounces on the nearest sibling. “She looks like a bear,” he observes. “Ursa…?”
Pherla (Talia!)
xxxxx.

PMEmailAIM
^
Talia Al Ghul
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 12:04 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Pherla
53 years old
occupation
COO of Lex Corp
hometown
Metropolis
faction
post count
The Light
N/A

The jealousy poor hidden invokes a layered response; one that he would remain in competition with someone meant he would not grow lax in his training, the next was disappointment at how easily he was able to be read, and lastly...a hint of sadness at missed opportunities.

It was her responsibility to train her son, and clearly she had failed in his social skills. That reflected poorly on them both.

“Many different things my son.” Talia took a seat next to him, “the children at your school wish to quantify you: Friend, foe, fun, fickle.” Talia leaned back on the wall resting an arm behind him lightly. “Both you Father and I have cultivated masks that give people what they want to see, expect to see.”

Talia gazed down at him softly, “You are Bruce Wayne's mysterious son. Born to some woman that Gotham is only now recognizing. The heir to power they see they expect you to be prideful...but temper that, let them befriend you, let them, learn how to act like a member of your class from them. Copy, imitate, adapt.”

Talia turned his head to her, chin grasped between strong fingers. “But never forget you a Heir to the Demon. Grandson of Ras al Ghul and one day will rule the League of Shadows in his place.”

Her intent expression softens at the declaration of love, “Never forsake me and I shall never leave you.” She whispered into his hair, holding the small body tightly to her. “I love you Damian.” Her lips brushed across his forehead again, “my son.”

Nodding at his choice “Ursa.” She agrees, simple, but easy to bark out. A well enough choice.
PMEmail
^
Damian Wayne
 Posted: Aug 22 2017, 12:07 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
13 years old
occupation
Student / Assassin
hometown
Gotham
faction
post count
Anti-Heroes

I Don't Need No Army
His mother sits beside him and he straightens a little, turning his focus to her rather than the pup in his arms as she speaks to him, answering his question. It has been especially challenging to deal with people, especially those his own age but even the adults can be...frustrating. They underestimate him and treat him like a, well, like a child, lumping him in with all the other teens around him. He is so much more than everyone else thinks of him and that is probably the biggest barrier of all.

But he listens to his mother’s ‘lesson’, willing to gain the insight that she offers. He frowns and his brow furrows a little in concentration, pondering her words. He inclines toward her unconsciously as her arm rests behind him, wanting to be closer to her. It has been so long since they had been together and he does not want to squander the time.

“I have tried, Mother,” he offers, knowing that his attempts have not been met with the greatest success. He is definitely not seen as ‘fun’. “I will make greater efforts to...befriend them…” It is obviously a distasteful idea to him, the way he says it, looking down at the pup.

Damian does not resist when she turns his head, blinking as he is held there. He nods the best he can with his mother’s fingers holding his chin. “I will not forget, Mother.” Because even though he is experiencing his father’s world, his purpose is still the same is it not? It is why he was born, it is the endgame for all his training and education, it is the reason he works so hard (and why he beats himself up for failure). “I will not let you down,” he reiterates.

He loves his mother. Nothing Grayson could say badly against his mother and grandfather has been able to change that. His eyes widen for a second when Talia’s arms pull him snugly against her. Displays of affection have not been incredibly common during his upbringing and most he will not allow close enough to offer such sentiments. His mother, on the other hand, is a completely different story. Damian leans into her, freeing one hand to grasp her during the embrace, feeling renewed in the wake of the returned declaration.

As for his name choice...he shrugs lightly. “It is a strong name.” He thinks so anyway. And she definitely resembles a bear cub in his opinion, even if most of her perceived bulk is fur. Lots of fur. Alfred will be so pleased. Not.
Pherla (Talia!)
xxxxx.
PMEmailAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Static...
Crusader Citadel The Arrow ideal world Infinity Rising

Marquee...
After the Fall

Listed At...
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Candyland Couture Shadowplay GRAPHICS GAMES a resource community nerd listings Rockin Roleplay

skin by bonbon.