-Register your character account as First Name Last Name. No account should be all caps.-
-If you do not like this color scheme, we are going to be adding variants soon for you to choose from!-

Come One, Come All

Welcome to All Our Masks! We are an Alternate Universe DC-comics RPG, loosely based off the Young Justice comic and show. We accept canons and original characters and have a 223 Rating. No character or player will be left out, everyone will be RPed with. We try to offer and maintain flexibility for characters and storylines wherever possible in our canon characters and themes. So before you rule out a character, plot, twist, or anything else, please talk to an admin first! We would be happy to assist and work with you wherever we can.

If you have any questions, our C-box is open for guests. Or you are more than welcome to pop onto our guest-friendly Questions and Answers board. For easy navigation, see our Table of Contents thread (link located in the sidebar to your left) for a full list of our informational entries.

Current Months

March 2017
S M T W T F S
- - - 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 -
April 2017
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 - - - - - -

RP Lovers

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Space Friends (Blue Beetle)
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 02:51 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

Before the Reach Invasion, Jaime would never have considered that people shouldn't be judged on their past. And truth be told, he felt that the decisions you made said things about you, yes. But you were more than those decisions, more than just the history, more than how you appeared. To him, Lyn was more than just a Yellow Lantern; she was acting like a hero, so Jaime treated her like a fellow hero.

His antics get exactly the response from sassy-Pants that he'd hoped for. Jaime grinned and relaxed, letting his own laughter join hers for a moment. Yeah, he liked working with someone else, a partner. He preferred Luc or Bart, but he liked this Lantern, she was nicer than she tried to pretend she was. "Hey, it could be worse. Besides, have you heard of some of the villain's names?" Jaime mostly tried to keep on the quieter side as well; it was just easier that way. His reputation has been healing, but he wouldn’t let that stop him from making new friends or allies.

Big, cranky bug. Really, Jaime would prefer not to have to kill it is it wasn’t like the bug had come here on its own just to cause trouble, it didn't deserve capital punishment for just doing what came naturally, following its instincts. That said, if it came down to it, if it was the bug or El Paso? The good of the many. But Jaime would fight for it not to come to that. He'd fight, and he'd fight hard for it. So he tried to reason with the thing. It was worth the try!

The charge took Jaime by surprise, but he managed to get out of the way. Sassy Pants didn't fair quite so well though, so Jaime flew down to offer to help her up. Dang, the thing was fast when it decided he really wanted to move... He listened to what she said before nodding slowly, “Like... Big blue staple to the butt mad? Or… You thinking you need more?" The suggestion might have sounded teasing except that his tone was entirely serious, and he was no longer smiling. It was time to get down to business.
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 08:52 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

I tried to find my reflection on the glass, but all I ever saw were the things I lacked

Lyn hesitates at the offer of assistance as she pushes herself off the ground before accepting, taking his hand and hoisting herself out of the dirt. She smiles at him; it feels strange, but an okay kind of strange, to have that help up. And then it is back to business because if they do not want El Paso to suffer yet that also do not want the creature to pay the ultimate price for its instincts and nature, then they need to figure this out. They need to do a good job. They need to be successful. So joking time is over. Time to get all serious.

“How about we start with that and see how it goes?” she suggests then, expression grave. If he was making a joke she is not acknowledging that, but he seems as sober now as herself. “Drive it up into the building and out of close quarters so we can maneuver.” Without the threat of getting squished into a tunnel wall or something. “Might make him more docile if he we tire him out.”

Her ring glows brightly as she draws on its power, lifting off the burrow floor. “Ready to do this, Beetle Britches?” They were on the same page, now all she needed was a green light from her partner. Heh...Lyn had never worked in a team before. She sort of likes it.

According to the plan, they herd to space beast upward and into the partially collapsed building above, out of the tunnels it knew much better than they did. She dodges another swat of its antenna, feeling much more nimble now that she is out in the open. Burrows were for insects, but Blue Beetle and herself were more in their element when there was a greater percentage of air. They can avoid the things attacks much easier now that there is somewhere for them to go.

It seems to realize its disadvantage and turns to make a break for its home away from home. Thinking fast, Lyn constructs a net of yellow energy over the entrance to prevent its retreat. It screeches at her in indignation. “Sorry, buddy,” she apologizes, feeling bad for the thing. This is not its fault. Yet if they are to have any chance of restoring it to its natural habitat then they have to do this.
tagged: Nyte (Jaime!) // words: // credit: below the sun
PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Nov 18 2017, 03:30 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

Lyn liked the feeling of accepting help. and Jaime liked the feeling of helping someone i it worked out well. When Lyn smiled at him. Jaime grinned back to her. So far it seemed that he and the Lantern were going to work well together, which was fortunate.

Start with an energy staple in the rear. Jaime was pretty sure that would be enough to piss pretty much anyone off but good. Of course. that didn't keep Khaji Da from giving him a list of suggestions, most of which could be boiled down to 'blast it'. He took a second to close his eyes and will the scarab to be quiet,
which shockingly seemed to work, Khaji Da gave a quiet huff and fell silent. “Yeah, okay. I'll make him mad And try to goad him up and out.”

Beetle Britches. Ha! Though seriously, if Luc ever heard it. Oh man, he needed to keep this name on the DL. "Ready, Sassy Pants." The Lantern had a pretty good sense of humor. Jaime liked her, liked the way they seemed to mesh so quickly..

First things first. Jaime let Lyn get off the ground and find a position. Once his new friend was ready for at least in place) he aimed and shot the bug alien in the backside. The blue energy staples weren’t really lethal; sure, if he shot a human with one meant for the giant bug it might be, but for this creature, they were meant to be a bit painful and very annoying, but not actually dangerous.

Jaime is nimble in the air; the difference between Jaime on the ground and Jaime in the air is immediately obvious. The net gets a thumbs up from him, but Jaime is not smiling. He'd prefer to just let the poor creature go, but it would just cause more havoc if they did that. Didn't mean he liked it. He flew into the creature’s sight, prepared to dodge an attack should one come, “We just want to get you home, amigo. But you're not really cooperating." What he wouldn't give for M 'gann to be here… "So we've got him out in the open, Sassy Pants, what now? How do we get him home?"
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 08:15 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

I tried to find my reflection on the glass, but all I ever saw were the things I lacked

Alright. Okay. Yes. So. Step one: get the bug out of the tunnels and into the open where the two of them have much more room to work. Check. Step two: uhhh...there is no step two yet. Lyn is really not sure about what to do next. The bug is big and angry and its home is not exactly down the block and around the corner. The truth is, she has absolutely no idea what she is doing and is attempting to fake her way through this until she figures it out. Or they crash and burn.

Lyn feels her pulse quicken and it is not from the adrenaline. Her expression grows more serious to disguise her worry. She does not want to fail. And resorting to killing a creature who is just far from everything it knows, scared and frustrated and just doing what it does, sounds a heck of a lot like failure when both Beetle Britches and herself prefer to just put him back. It is going to quickly become apparent, however, that she does not know what she is doing and any confidence her ally might have in her thus far...is going to collapse and shatter.

“Umm…” she inserts after his question, anxiety bleeding through as her mind spins its wheels. She frowns, the worry beginning to build. The creature writes off the exit for now and instead its antennae glow and crackle, energy crackling between them like the lightning of a tesla coil. With an enraged cry it lashes out, sending an arch of energy at its two agitators. Lyn points her ring forward, bracing it with her other hand, and seeks to absorb the energy. “Know any Green Lanterns?” she grits out.
PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 10:12 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

His new Yellow Lantern friend had said to piss of their big, ugly insect playmate. Jaime had done that. He'd done a pretty good job of it, too, thank you Very much. They cleared the building and cut off the bug’s ability to retreat. Okay.

But now what?

His new friend hadn’t given any other goals here, and Jaime was more than a little worried about letting the big guy stay loose in the middle of El Paso. This was even more than just a large city filled with innocent people (though it was totally that, too); it was Jaime’s home. If he couldn’t even protect his hometown… Then what sort of hero was he, really?? Khaji Da muttered in his mind, but the scarab was no more certain about their situation than Jaime was, even if he continued to counsel that they should just kill the bug and be done with it. And there was no way they were going to do that. That wasn’t what heroes did!

SassyPants doesn't look like she's all that certain about how to proceed anymore either, though. Not good. Jaime had been sort of banking on the Lantern to know how to deal with their alien friend. Well, they'd just have to figure something out on the fly, then. They could do this.

"Not personally... But I can try to get in touch with one.” Green Lantern... Someone up in the Watchtower should be able to get in touch with their fellow League member. Or so Jaime hoped. Jaime darted up, barely avoiding the attack from the space bug, “Aw c’mon, we're trying to get you home, hombre. Chill out." Looking to Lyn, he told his new friend, "I can call in and see if the Green Lantern can come help us. In the meantime though, why don't we try to lead Beauty over here out of town? Maybe he'll calm down if he's away from all the noise and people, and we'll have less innocent people to worry about protecting and keeping safe.” Jaime thought it was a pretty good idea anyway...
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Dec 25 2017, 02:50 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

Any other goals? The goals are still the same as they were when they started this venture: protect El Paso and the people in it, and get this big fella back to where he belongs, where he will not becausing anyone any more trouble. Only Lyn has not the slightest clue how to go about doing that. She has not been doing this lantern thing for very long and relocating creatures to their indigenous habitat was not one of her father’s bedtime stories.

Still, you would think that the daughter of a Green Lantern would be smart enough to think of something. Beetle Britches seems just as clueless as her which is kind of a relief in a way, yet it still amps up the pressure Lyn feels. She is the lantern, she is supposed to do the space thing but she has no idea as to what she is doing here. People are counting on her and she could fail them. And she is hyper aware of the fact that she is not making a good first impression on her new...friend (oh God...can she have friends?).

The ball is in her court and instead of owning it she kind of panics, hurling it at someone else as if it burned her. Hot potato, hot potato… At a Green Lantern, nevertheless? Is she flipping nuts!? What was she thinking, suggesting asking a GL for help when she is floating here in bright yellow with the Sinestro Corp emblem blazing across her chest like a flailing ‘throw the book at me!’ sign? The amount of trouble she will be in would be...astronomical! This...this is not about her, though, and being a hero means doing what is right even at great risk to yourself.

She wants to be a hero so bad...alright...alright...own this decision! A Green Lantern will know what to do better than either of them and will be able to get this guy home. She will deal with this threat to herself when it is time. Right now her responsibility is to El Paso and this animal. Deep breaths. Calm. Focus. Focus…dodge! Absorb! “You’d be cranky too if someone interrupted your food coma nap,” she quips.

She makes brief eye contact with her associate...friend? “Okay,” say replies as they deal with the bug’s temper, sounding resolute with the hope that Britches over there does not hear the apprehensive quaver in her voice, “Okay, do it.” She nods her head, brow furrowed seriously. Now they just have to get this guy out of town where he cannot bother people. She creates a construct that looks like a shepherd’s staff, tapping their friend lightly with it. “Come on, Fluffy.” It growls at her.

PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 12:25 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

As far as Jaime knew. Lanterns did this sort of relocation thing all the time. Or never. Khaji Da muttered in his mind about the logistics of moving a creature the size of their new friend. Jaime really hoped a Lantern could get it done., he didn't want the big bug to die.

It seemed that the Yellow Lantern was as lost as he was, which made him feel slightly less incompetent even as he worried a little bit more. Okay, he was the Blue Beetle, working with a Yellow Lantern. If they couldn't figure this mess out between the two of them. they could pull in someone else who might be able to help. A Green Lantern didn't occur to him right away, primarily because the odds of a Green Lantern being willing to work with a Yellow Lantern seemed like they'd be a bit on the "unlikely" side. But a Green Lantern is precisely who his new friend suggests to call, and it makes a certain amount of sense. With their constructs, a Green Lantern could make a ball around the critter both to hold it as well as to trap air inside with it so it could survive the trip that was obviously necessary to get it home. And Green Lanterns could also travel through space, so they could take the big guy home.

"Okay." Yeah, Jaime definitely had begun to think of Sassy Pants as a friend. When that had happened, he wasn't sure, but he also didn't really think it mattered in the long run. The sassy, snarky Yellow Lantern was a friend. Which meant... "I'll call for a Green Lantern, and you and I will keep the big guy wrangled till he's close. Then you’re going to need to get under cover." He wasn't going to get her into trouble for helping with this. She was here, doing the right thing, and that meant something to the teenaged hero. "Don't argue, ok?"

Food coma nap. "Yeah. I probably would be." when she gives him the go ahead, Jaime nods to her and opens a comm line to the Watchtower, "Blue Beetle to the Watchtower. I need assistance from a Green Lantern in El Paso. Alien life form needs a lift home. I've got him under control for the moment, but the quicker the better. Please respond."
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 07:59 PM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

Does she want to call a Green Lantern? No. Does she see another way to avoid fatalities (bug or human) without a Green Lantern’s assistance? Also, no. They could try to do this themselves while she second guesses and stumbles all over herself while repeating the mantra ‘don’t make it work, don’t make it worse!’ over and over in her head - that was in her head, right?. Or they can do it the smart way, the safe way and call for backup. Her heart pounds at the very thought, knowing there was a likely chance of how an encounter with a GL would end badly for her personally.

Beetle Britches is apparently having the same worries when he voices how this was going to go. He is going to call for Green Lantern support, but he wants her to hide before they arrive in order to avoid the confrontation altogether. Lynette blinks at him for a second, a little surprised at the concerned foresight but nonetheless grateful. He noted the problem and spared her the danger, or the embarrassing need to point out that she had to hide. It only takes her a second to recover and she is nodding. “No argument here.” None whatsoever.

Phew.

She keeps the bug’s attention (and her mouth shut) while her beetle friend is making his call, sparing quick glances towards him while she keeps busy in the meantime. Just because they have a plan does not mean Lyn is not anxious about said plan and she is hoping to glean how the call is going.

“Received, Blue Beetle. We are contacting the on-call Green Lantern and sending him your way. Anything particular we should forward to him before he arrives?”

Their bug problem had been still for most of the duration of Blue Beetle’s call and Lyn admits that she was hoping that the fight had left it, that it was willing to cooperate now. Seems it was simply resting, buying time while it concocted its genius plan to evade its tormentors. Its next move is sudden, lashing out at the Yellow Lantern with an antenna and swinging a leg at Blue Beetle so that while the two of them were busy either getting smacked down or dodging it was already making a break for it. It heads for the gaping opening in the side of the building, intent on getting out onto the street where it could find a new hiding place.

Lynette managed to block the blow but it tossed her back. The second she realizes what is going on, the alien beast is halfway out into the open. “Oh no you don’t!” She forms a construct harness around the bug and a leash, pulling back on it as it hisses in rage and kicks dust and glass and steel and other debris at the two heroes.
PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 02:59 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

Yes, Jaime has faith that the two of them could manage this between just themselves. But at what cost? One of them, or worse, a civilian, could get hurt. Or the bug they are trying so hard to keep safe and alive could be hurt or killed. Better and safer to call in for backup. As long as Sassy Pants was okay with hiding out while the Green Lantern was here. She'd been helpful and heroic, Jaime didn't want to put her in a bad spot.

The lack of argument earned Lyn a grin from Jaime and then the conversation fades while Jaime calls in to report and request help from the watchtower. The moment the Watchtower responded to the call, relief flooded through him - help would be coming. While Jaime wished they could have handled the situation on their own, the life of their big new friend was at stake, and that was worth asking for help. Even if it meant his new Lantern friend would have to hide when that help came. "Yeah, non-lethal force only - I'm pretty sure this critter just needs a ride home. Electricity feeder. Packs a whollup. I'm keeping him contained, but... Hurry, please."

Once he was off the comm, Jaime turned his attention back to his new friend and their pesky friend. At least it seemed the big guy hadn't given the Yellow lantern too much of a hard time while he'd been calling for the Green Lantern to come help out with him. But that seemed to be done.

Crud.

"Okay. We have help on the way. The problem is gonna be the fact that this big fella seems to be feeling frisky." Jaime flew up, pulling some distance between himself and the bug before turning to take careful aim. Non lethal force. Right, okay. Blue energy staples flew from the canon on Jaime's arm, formed from his armor. First things first, he aimed to trap the bug where he was so that Sassy Pants could let go of her constructs in order to hide. Then he'd work at making a better "cage" for the big bug. Gently, Jaime told the big guy, "Come on, hermano, calm down. We just want to get you home." Then, looking to his new friend, he told her, "Go hide. I've got this till the Green Lantern gets here." He hoped so, anyway. To his relief, his scarab agreed..

They had this. They had to.
PM
^
Lynette Jordan
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 01:52 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Miss Red
N/A years old
occupation
N/A
hometown
N/A
faction
post count
Independent Villains
N/A

Argue? What is there to argue about? She does not want to leave Beetle Britches to deal with their behemoth by himself for any amount of time, but her own troubles will escalate if she were to be found here on Earth (or anywhere) by a Green Lantern. No matter what good she might be trying to do, the cold hard fact is that Yellows and Greens are not known for getting along. They would not be exactly understanding of her or the situation. Worse comes to worst, she is not going to far off if her friend needs her - GL or no GL.

Thankfully their big pal - now coined ‘fluffy’ - behaves himself for the duration of the call that was made. If he had been disruptive then it would have been much harder to keep quiet. Seems politeness has its limits (and patience). Lynette is busy holding the bug back, leaning backwards with her heels seeming to dig into thin air, straining against the bug’s efforts to vamoose. “Frisky!” she repeats incredulously. “Understatement!” She is dragged a couple feet through the air.

Beetle Britches works on stapling Fluffy fast as he tries to calm it with gentle words. Poor thing. A long way from home, molested by strange beings that zoom through the air, hold it down, trap it, fire at it. One can hardly blame it for its actions. Probably scared and confused and just wanting to survive. It would be home soon. When the bug seems kept in place with the staples, the young lantern tentatively turns off her construct. “You...have him?” she asks uncertainly.

She is instructed to hide and Lyn drops to the ground, glancing between the creature and her flying friend. “Alright,” she nods in agreement. “I won’t be far.” Just in case. She is not going to leave him high and dry if things turn south.

She zips across the demolished space as her ring beeps to warn her of an approaching green energy. It is far enough off yet that she should not be recognized off the bat, yet sufficiently close to warrant urgency on her part. Lynette finds a hiding spot and struggles with her ring, trying to wiggle it off her finger for the extra security. “Come on...come on…” she mutters to herself. “Come...off!” The last word is issued with a squeak as it pops off suddenly, cracking her elbow off the broken wall. “Ow…”

The Green Lantern shows up not a minute later and she holds her breath as she listens, biting her lip at the familiar voice. Hal Jordan shows up, throwing a bubble up around the thrashing space critter. “Hey! Someone call animal control?” he jokes jovially. “I got it now, Kid!”

PMEmail
^
Jaime Reyes
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 12:20 AM
application
plotter
journal
want ad
alias
character age
Nyte
16 years old
occupation
High School Student
hometown
El Paso
faction
post count
The Team
N/A

Lyn might not really want to leave Jaime along to wrangle their giant insect pal, but Jaime wanted to be left on his lonesome to deal with the alien bug even less. The thing was, if she didn't go hide while the Green Lantern was nearby things were going to get very bad and super messy really, really fast. Better to have Jaime be alone with an out of control alien insect when the Green Lantern got here than to deal with the green versus Yellow fallout.

They are both grateful that "Fluffy" (what a name for a hug bug creature! Jaime would totally approved calmed down at least long enough for Jaime to call into the Watchtower for backup. He watched while he spoke with Watchtower, making sure that even on the Comm he had his new friend's back if she needed it. Frisky was definitely an understatement, but really, Jaime couldn't blame the big guy. "This would be so much easier and pleasant if he could talk to us, and understand us! We could just tell him we're gonna help him get back home!"

Jaime might make this whole 'staple the giant bug to the ground to hold him in place' plan look fairly easy, but it really was far from. Mostly because Jaime and Khaji Da were making sure they didn't harm the big guy. As hard as Jaime was focusing, it took him a couple of seconds longer to respond to her question than it otherwise would have. "Yeah... I can hold him for now." He hoped. The scarab was confident and certain, at least.

But regardless of how uncertain Jaime might be, Sassy Pants the Yellow Lantern had to go hide, so Jaime told her to go. He purposely didn't watch her go, or look to see where she was hiding. If he didn't know. he wouldn't accidentally look over to where she was at and give her away.

It was work to keep the poor big guy under control on his own. ''Hey.. Sorry, I know this isn't your usual thing, but he's not from Earth and I didn't know another way to get the poor guy home. He didn't do anything wrong, you know? I just worry, because I don't know where he comes from or how he got to El Paso."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Static...
Crusader Citadel The Arrow ideal world Infinity Rising

Marquee...
After the Fall

Listed At...
RPG-D Distant Fantasies Candyland Couture Shadowplay GRAPHICS GAMES a resource community nerd listings Rockin Roleplay

skin by bonbon.