|All Our Masks||Help Search Members Calendar SHOUTBOX|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Jul 28 2015, 01:28 AM
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I got posts!
01. No god-moding, powerplaying, puppeteering, impersonating another player/character, etc. You as a player should not control the actions, feelings, or fate of another player's character (without that player's express permission). If in doubt, please ask! Some people are more lenient or more strict than others so it is always safe to confer with your partner.
02. Please be respectful of everyone be it staff, player, or guest. Kind words will get you much farther than harsh ones.
03. No advertising anywhere but the advertising section; that means forums, cbox, or PMs.
04. Everyone is required to post at least once a week in order to be considered active. However, please do no leave certain threads hanging for weeks.
05. Inactivity will result in your canon being put back up for grabs and your original will be archived. Some threads (for OC or canon) may be archived. You are permitted to return and begin playing your character again (as long as your canon is not already in play at this time) but it will be your responsibility to find the links for the threads you (and your partners) want to continue. Please PM this list to an admin. (If your membergroup is changed to Inactive, you will not be able to post anywhere. Please PM Miss Red to have it reactivated)
06. OOC/Player accounts are mandatory for OOC chatter and tagging purposes. So when you first join the site, please remember to create a separate account named for your alias.
07. Aliases should be something other than your character's name/codename with no numbers or symbols.
04. We have no character limit; as long as you can keep up with them Your first character can be canon or original. If your first is original your second must be a canon. For the first ten (10) characters you need one (1) canon per two (2) OCs. After that you can have as many canons or OCs as you want.
05. Nobody can have more than one of the founding members of the Team. Meaning if you play Superboy you cannot play Nightwing as well.
06. Due to our site's rating (223), we do not allow characters to be younger than thirteen (13) years of age.
07. We require face claims on the application. However, after that you are free to use illustrative pictures everywhere else (as long as it does not detract from the handsomeness of the board). No face claims under the age of thirteen (13) are allowed. (Please note: if your character does not have a human form - and does not regularly take on a human form through shape-shifting or technological means - then you are not required to have a face claim.)
01. When you register your username (for your character, not OOC Account) it should be your character's First and Last name with proper capitalization. That is Garfield Logan, not GARFIELD LOGAN. If for some reason they do not have a real name then just their codename. If your character is better known by a shortened form of their name (Wally West, Dick Grayson, Billy Batson, Hal Jordan, etc) then please use that.
02. If you are interested in playing a canon, please reserve on the Canon List. We will not look at your application if you have not and if someone else comes along, whether you have registered that account or not, they can reserve him before you. Reserving ensures that you will have the full length of time to get your app ready. Note: If you have registered for a canon and do no post a reservation within 72 hours, the account will be deleted.
Once you reserve you will have seven (7) days to complete your profile before the character is put up for grabs and your app archived. Should you need more time, you will be allowed to request a single extension of seven (7) more days. If you fail to complete your application within this amount of time you will need to wait two weeks before applying with that character again. In the meantime, feel free to apply with another.
03. Please have your subject line be your character's codename. If they do not have one then it should be their first and last (in that order). In the topic description we want to see "first last name | membergroup | age". If they do not have a codename then just exclude the name part from the description.
04. Allow twenty-four (24) hours to pass before ask about your application review (though, please, by all means nudge us when it is completed because we miss things sometimes, in the shoutbox is best because we can miss it if you mention it in the cbox).
05. Your application should be all in third person and in your own words. Copy/Pasting is an automatically disqualifying offense for your application. Your app will be denied and you will not be allowed to apply here for two weeks..
06. We have a three-strike policy concerning application reviews. If your character has not passed by the third reviews the application will be denied. You will need to wait two (2) weeks in order to apply with that character again but in the meantime are free to apply with another.
07. We reserve the right to deny any application if we do not feel it is a good fit. Reasons will be given at this time.
08. Stipulations for subsequent characters are as follows: your first character must be accepted, you must have filled out your face claim and who's, started a plotter, must be involved in one thread, have fifteen total IC posts, have your tracker updated and been an approved member for week. Before applying for another character, please PM an admin so that they might check you over and approve the move.
09. OCs are allowed but please be aware that we look for balance. If you are unsure if a power or ability will be acceptable, please contact one of the admins and we will be happy to answer and assist.
10. When applying for a canon, please be aware that any players with existing relations to your character (for example. If you are applying for Batman and there is a Nightwing and/or a Batgirl) they will have a chance to give the reviewer their input on the character to be sure that it lines up with their stories. This helps the reviewer since they cannot always catch everything in order to keep all characters' harmonious
11. Please do not do any of the listing claims until your character has been accepted. Whether it's a canon character or an OC. Once you get your WIP application up your faceclaim will be saved for you for the week that you have to finish your application. Please note that OC characters have the same stipulations that the Canon characters do. Normally you have a week to finish your app but if you can't accomplish that you can ask for the extra week extension. Therefore the FC will be held for you for the two weeks. But please put in a good effort to get them done in a week.
01. Adoptable characters will be listed on the Canon List along with links to any threads that need to be honored. Please reserve the character as normal and PM Miss Red (if you have not already discussed the adoption with them). If the character has threads then there may be a few details about the character that will need to stay from the originally applied for version of the character. This is not always the case, but sometimes is. This is why it is important to PM Miss Red.
01. Do not post on any of the in character boards until your application has been accepted and you are given the go-ahead by one of the admins.
02. All IC posts should be in third person (with very rare exceptions).
03. No chatspeak (unless your character is texting or instant messaging).
04. The minimum word count is 350.
05. We do allow Rapid Fire threads (posts between 100-200 words) and each character is allowed three (3) per in character month. These need to be marked in the thread title with an RF. Your threads can also be partial Rapid Fires (meaning you switch between normal and rapid fire throughout) but this will also count towards your limit for that character and should be marked with an RF.
06. Please spellcheck and proofread. Typos happen but please check your work. We should be able to clearly understand what you are trying to say.
07. If you sign up for a site plot, please have every intention of posting punctually whenever it is your turn. Please make the site plot thread your priority so that we can keep them running.
08. We have Jcink's alert system activated. You will notice a link (Alert) in the top row where you can find My Controls. When you tag a person, or are tagged, an Alert will appear there (Alert (#)) and a notification will be emailed. To tag someone you will post the following code in your post somewhere. @[Name]
Time Stamps & Journals
01. Do not forget to add your time stamp somewhere in your thread. This should definitely include the month, date, and year, but putting the time as well is also an option.
02. We do not play in real time. We have a single month open, usually for one or two real time months, so that we have more time to fill up that time with less holes. There is no posting ahead of this month, but flashback threads are permitted. (The current month can be viewed in the sidebar.) -- Please note that we are currently running a trial where we open two months up instead of a single one. If it works out then it will become permanent and I will edit this rule accordingly.
03. Journals (a post where you keep track of your post dates) are mandatory and for good reason. Although this is a most important practice concerning canons it is also helpful for originals. It helps you keep track of when and where your characters have been to reduce the possibility of overlap. (And an accurate journal is a plus for admins should a person drop their character or leave the site.)
04. Be as fancy or as simple with your journal as you would like.
05. Your journal entries should be comprised of at least your thread link, title, and time stamp.